cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone works fine but I can't sign into my account online.

keener
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was setting up an account for my mother. Bought a SIM card and filled in all the required information to get her number ported from Rogers, set up Autopay, etc. While we were finalizing the set up process, we lost internet connection and recieved a message that our session timed out. I thought I had to restart the process but when I tried it said Invalid SIM. Waited 24 hrs and plugged the SIM card into the phone and everything works. I then tried to sign into the account and it failed. I tried Forgot my Password and it didn't regocnize the email address. Can anyone help?

18 REPLIES 18

penasse

Yep got my money in account with voucher, try reset password, by the time the link comes to my email the "page has expired" (sort of like the rest of the system...too slow?) nice rip..phone is working but didnt sign up for auto pay so I guess I got no phone after today and another company does the rip? very nice!

ighsaw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having the same issue, I have a ticket open with the Mods but its been nearly 2 months and they cant fix it.  I'll keep you up to date if I get any progress.

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If your phone service is ok then it should be ok as of now.

Check in another day or two if you can sign in online.  If not, then your registration might have been corrupted?  I don't see how that would be possible since you say you have phone service though.

Since its a signup thing ... I would just take it to a kiosk if you happen to live near one.  It would probably be the most hassle-free way to deal with this as they have access to the central phone-in for signups and registrations

triciad

@GinYVR wrote:

@triciadHow did you setup your 3 phones? At store or online? if at store you will need to create the account at selfserve.publicmobile.ca. The community account is different and seperate from the selfserve account. The former is for this message board, the latter is for accessing your actual Public Mobile account to see billing etc.

All 3 at store but 2 out of 3 worked fine until now.  Set up fine.  Third phone is set for community but not account.  There was a password pin from store maybe to set up voice mail?  I don't know what happened but it is not happening. I need to access all 3 of my accounts. Messaged moderator. Chatted with Simon.  Too much stress for seniors even if some are computer savvy 

@triciadHow did you setup your 3 phones? At store or online? if at store you will need to create the account at selfserve.publicmobile.ca. The community account is different and seperate from the selfserve account. The former is for this message board, the latter is for accessing your actual Public Mobile account to see billing etc.

triciad

@will13am wrote:

@keener, while you have been appropriately directed to the moderator team to have the account password reset, Public Mobile has rolled out a new interaction model where customers are encouraged to work through SIMon (? on lower right) to get to the moderator team or other resource as appropriate.  Following this process will result in a ticket being issued so that you can keep tabs on your support request.  Give it a try. 

Tried Simon...ticket issued but redirected back to community.  Messaged moderator. Thanks. Will be patient.  The form body to the moderator auto capitalizes the email addresses which is frustrating

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@keenerIf you had a time out during the online activation process.. try creating an online account via selfserve.publicmobile.ca on the right hand column.

keener

Thanks for the advice. I actually searched the community first and tried all those steps you mentioned without any success. I think I may have to connect with a moderator.

@keenerand @triciad  sounds like you both need to contact SIMon or moderators.  Good luck!

triciad

Experienced same timed out

keener

When I enter the phone number to set up the self serve it recognizes the correct email address. When I request a password reset it will send the link but it is automatically "timed out", even thought I literally tried it 1 minute after recieving the link. Tried this twice with same result.

@triciad wrote:

I am experiencing same problem with all 3 of my phones.  Can only log into community with this newest one & can not access new account or old accounts

Try the suggestions posted above.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@keener, while you have been appropriately directed to the moderator team to have the account password reset, Public Mobile has rolled out a new interaction model where customers are encouraged to work through SIMon (? on lower right) to get to the moderator team or other resource as appropriate.  Following this process will result in a ticket being issued so that you can keep tabs on your support request.  Give it a try. 

triciad

I am experiencing same problem with all 3 of my phones.  Can only log into community with this newest one & can not access new account or old accounts

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You managed to activate the sim but not too create the selff serve

What happens when you try to set it up with the number and the email you provided during activation

Anonymous
Not applicable

@keener wrote:

I was setting up an account for my mother. Bought a SIM card and filled in all the required information to get her number ported from Rogers, set up Autopay, etc. While we were finalizing the set up process, we lost internet connection and recieved a message that our session timed out. I thought I had to restart the process but when I tried it said Invalid SIM. Waited 24 hrs and plugged the SIM card into the phone and everything works. I then tried to sign into the account and it failed. I tried Forgot my Password and it didn't regocnize the email address. Can anyone help?

Or perhaps try re-creating self-serve account from here.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@keener wrote:

You probably didn't manage to complete setting up your account registration.  So you can try to set up the registration again and hopefully this time it will complete.

If you're still not able to set up the account then try sending a ticket via SIMon ? bottom right of your screen.  If you find SIMon is having issues (some posters are reporting that), then try Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Usually hearing back from the moderators can be anywhere from 2-48 hours.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies then reboot.  If you still have problems then contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.