cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't work!!

arnoldvs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I added a voucher to my phone a few hours ago.. it says that my plan is active and working but for some reason I can't receive or send texts or calls. I'm getting very frustrated as I need to use to my phone. I have tried everything and nothing will work. I read that @Mary_M  may be able to help me. 

9 REPLIES 9

@Gregmt wrote:

Have you checked your APN settings for Public Mobile Network? They are as follows: 

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC:http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank 
APN type: Leave blank 

Step 3:

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network.

If that don't work try hard restarting your phone ( power down your phone fully). 

Another thing to try if that don't work is pop your active Public Mobile SIM into another unlocked phone ( say a friend's) and see if talk and text works. If that works in the other phone you are trying then contact moderators at Public Mobile and explain your situation and explain what you have tried. 

Cheers. 

As @arnoldvs was saying " it says that my plan is active and working but for some reason I can't receive or send texts or calls", please realize that APN settings do not control either of those.  I do agree with you about trying the sim card in a friend's phone.

Nenapop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mine is doing the exact same thing, I feel you! It’s super annoying 

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you checked your APN settings for Public Mobile Network? They are as follows: 

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC:http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank 
APN type: Leave blank 

Step 3:

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network.

If that don't work try hard restarting your phone ( power down your phone fully). 

Another thing to try if that don't work is pop your active Public Mobile SIM into another unlocked phone ( say a friend's) and see if talk and text works. If that works in the other phone you are trying then contact moderators at Public Mobile and explain your situation and explain what you have tried. 

Cheers. 

arnoldvs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Reporting my phone as lost worked for my calling! But my text still won't work 😕

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you have use of your phone on Public Mobile previously? Or is this the first set up and top up on your Public Mobile account on this current phone? 

If it is the first set up then the phone maybe locked to a previous provider. Try the SIM in a Telus or Koodo phone and see if you have service. Other option is the make sure you phone is unlocked , if you know the previous provider , call them and ask for the unlock code. The unlocking in Canada for Canadian phones is free from the provider. 

Hoping this helps. 

Cheers . 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@arnoldvsAre you porting your old number to PM? If so, it may take up to 2 days to do so. If not, you may need to contact the moderator by click on the envelop icon and send to "Moderator_Team" as your problem has not been solved. 

Welcome to PM!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try contacting a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@arnoldvs Do you have limited text and call minutes? Did you use it up for the month?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@arnoldvs wrote:

I added a voucher to my phone a few hours ago.. it says that my plan is active and working but for some reason I can't receive or send texts or calls. I'm getting very frustrated as I need to use to my phone. I have tried everything and nothing will work. I read that @Mary_M  may be able to help me. 

Mary_M is no longer here.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.