cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number not recongnized

EternelVoid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a public mobile user and I want to create an account. However, when I try to sign up with my phone number, it says that it is not valid. 

14 REPLIES 14

DarianDNewell

Did you sign up an email in store? The only way to log into your account is with your email? 

I'd say go with the other advice and message mods

@EternelVoid wrote:

It is still activated as I can receive and give calls/texts

@EternelVoid ,

If you never created a SELF SERVE account. Then it is strange it will not recognize your phone number.

OR maybe it was created....

Did you try the "forgot your password" option with an email(s) that may have been used perhaps?

esjliv_0-1614127961963.png

If this all fails, contact the Mods as shown in my earlier post.

You can use 611 to make payments with vouchers if you need to make a payment (if you credit card expired, for example).

EternelVoid

It is still activated as I can receive and give calls/texts

@EternelVoid wrote:

Yes and this shows up:

XXXX

HI @EternelVoid ,

Please edit your post to remove any personal information. To edit it, hit the 3 dots at top, right of your post. This is a Public Forum.
Thanks

@EternelVoid wrote:

I dont believe that I have ever created an account as I activated the card in-store. Thus when I try to register a new account, it does not recognize it?

Hi @EternelVoid ,

Just making sure...is your phone/account ACTIVE/current?

If it has been suspended for more than 90 days, than you lost your Public Mobile phone number and account. And, if this is the case you will need a new SIM to create a new account with new number.

EternelVoid

Yes and this shows up:

@EternelVoid wrote:

I dont believe that I have ever created an account as I activated the card in-store. Thus when I try to register a new account, it does not recognize it?

Are you using this link?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@EternelVoid :You can also dial 611 or *611 from your Public Mobile phone to register autopay.

To create self serve account you have to use the email used to activate account.

EternelVoid

@EternelVoid wrote:

I had the number for a while and I wanted to use this service to change my payment method. 

Hi @EternelVoid ,

In that case, do you remember the email used to create your SELF SERVE account?

Try emails you think it may be, and also try the "Forgot your password" option.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

If none of that is working, you will need the Moderators assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@EternelVoid 

You can do so on the self-serve.

It'll look like this under the Payment tab, once you can access self-serve:

HALIMACS_0-1613602173199.png

EternelVoid

I had the number for a while and I wanted to use this service to change my payment method. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@EternelVoid wrote:

I am a public mobile user and I want to create an account. However, when I try to sign up with my phone number, it says that it is not valid. 

Try waiting an hour, clearing cache and cookies, open incognito tab and try again.

.... OR follow @esjliv advice above.   🤣

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@EternelVoid wrote:

Hi @EternelVoid ,

Try clearing your browser's cache, open a tab in incognito mode and try again: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

EDIT: did you just activate recently? Are all your services working?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Need Help? Let's chat.