cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number change

stevenfrig
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently set up my daughter with her first phone number. Is it possible to change a supplied phone number to one other than the few suggested ones?  For example, I would like her to have one with the same 3 digits as mine and my wife's. Such as (for example) 463-2222. Can I have her's changed to 463-****.

Regards, Steve

9 REPLIES 9

@stevenfrig wrote:

Thanks for the assistance.  I think that I will just go with the number that was provided.  I do have another question. I put in a question to a moderator about an hour ago.  Do they monitor the same as say, you do.  Not sure when I might get a reply back to the specific question I asked about email address changes linked to a SIM card.

@stevenfrig   No this is a public forum and everyone responding here is a customer like yourself.  Don't ever post any personal information on the Community forum as it is visible to anyone viewing this site. 

If you have contacted moderators that is through the private message (envelope icon top right or the chatbot bubble).  All messages sent and received there cannot be viewed by anyone except you and the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon for response back from them and yes they will be able to facilitate an email change for you.  Good luck.

@stevenfrig wrote:

Not sure when I might get a reply back to the specific question I asked about email address changes linked to a SIM card.

When Are Moderators Available And How Long Till I Get A Response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

ooops too late

stevenfrig

Thanks for the assistance.  I think that I will just go with the number that was provided.  I do have another question. I put in a question to a moderator about an hour ago.  Do they monitor the same as say, you do.  Not sure when I might get a reply back to the specific question I asked about email address changes linked to a SIM card.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@stevenfrig  After re-reading your post and @RosieR's, just to clarify are you looking to change your daughter's number to the same area code as yours and your wife's?  Depending upon how old that area code is you can try by logging into your account and select Change Number on the right hand side of the overview page and keep refreshing the numbers for your particular region.  Sometimes you can get lucky and the area code you want may pop up.  You may find that you need to select another region between refreshes as that's the only way you will get a new batch of numbers. 

@AE_Collector wrote:

@stevenfrig 

But there is a way to keep refreshing the list looking for a number you prefer so you could just keep doing that until you hopefully find the last 4 digits that you want.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector . the OP is not looking for the last 4-digit number.  

@stevenfrig 

But there is a way to keep refreshing the list looking for a number you prefer so you could just keep doing that until you hopefully find the last 4 digits that you want.

AE_Collector

stevenfrig

Got it. Thanks for the reply.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@stevenfrig wrote:

I recently set up my daughter with her first phone number. Is it possible to change a supplied phone number to one other than the few suggested ones?  For example, I would like her to have one with the same 3 digits as mine and my wife's. Such as (for example) 463-2222. Can I have her's changed to 463-****.

Regards, Steve

@stevenfrig  No sorry you're only allowed to choose the last four digits of a new number upon activation.  However, changing phone numbers can be done once every 30 days for free.

Need Help? Let's chat.