cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

lube
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Usually I pay for my phone by vouchers but this time I entered my Visa debit to pay instead. The payment was a couple days late because I was waiting to get paid.

Anyway, the charge shows on my bank account and my public mobile account says its active, however I cannot access data or receive text messages.

The phone only shows a + symbol and LTE and whenever I try to google anything it gives me an error message.

People were also apparently texting me today and none of the texts go through, additionally I can send texts but I'm unsure if the person is actually receiving them.

I tried everything the bot told me to do to no avail. 

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

4 REPLIES 4

@lube wrote:

Just an update if anyone is browsing.

Now its giving me an error saying I've exhausted my data/my plan has been cancelled.

I checked on my account and there is 8 GB of available data.

@lube Does your plan renew today? Or is your plan suspended? Dial 611 what happens?

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you tried restarting your phone?

If so, I’d also try the lost/stolen feature like @chelsealzl mentioned:
Log in to self-serve. Go to Plan & Add-Ons from the top menu, then Lost/Stolen Phone. Select Suspend Service button then log out. After a few minutes, Login & go back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service. Log out & Restart phone.

If all else fails, you may need assistance from the moderators: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Moderator help could take up to 2 days

chelsealzl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did your payment go through? I've also read that sometimes clicking the lost/stolen then reactivate does the trick.

lube
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just an update if anyone is browsing.

Now its giving me an error saying I've exhausted my data/my plan has been cancelled.

I checked on my account and there is 8 GB of available data.

Need Help? Let's chat.