cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is receiving 100 incoming calls in a row

JasonT1983
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe someone is spoofing my phone number and calling people with it. I am receiving non-stop incoming cards for past hour and it is still on-going now.  I got 50+ txt msg asking who I am and why I called and another 30+ Voicemail.

I never called any of these people that claimed I called them

What can I do to stop this madness

Thanks so much

7 REPLIES 7

JasonT1983
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Starting to slow down today which is good but still getting around 15-20 missed call this morning.

Hopefully by end of week ti will be gone for good.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As others have said, change your number in self. serve  

Have a alook at this thread about this type of fraud 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Someone-seems-to-be-using-my-number/m...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JasonT1983 wrote:

I believe someone is spoofing my phone number and calling people with it. I am receiving non-stop incoming cards for past hour and it is still on-going now.  I got 50+ txt msg asking who I am and why I called and another 30+ Voicemail.

Thanks so much

@JasonT1983  Change your number as others have suggested. If someone is using that number to send out spam then it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@JasonT1983 

Besides turning off your phone,..

You can search "how to block all calls except contacts" and "how to block texts except contacts" for a short term solution. The setting changes will depend on which phone you are using.

Long term solution, you may want to change your phone number.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@JasonT1983 hi I would say if you are not to attached to your number you may want to go into your account and change number 

@JasonT1983 wrote:

Thanks so much

Your only real choices are to block these numbers from contacting you (if they do more than once), change your number, or just wait until whoever is pretending that they are from your number stops.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JasonT1983 wrote:

Thanks so much

Not much you can do.  Spoofing has been a problem for quite a while.  You just need to either ignore, or if you can block the callers.  After a few weeks they should hopefully stop.

Need Help? Let's chat.