cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Calls disconnect automatically

agnawali
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had my Public Mobile phone plan for just over a month, and on an ad hoc basis - my phone automatically disconnects me from the phone call. This is usually when the phone call is longer than 30 minutes.

The cell service when I make these calls is always good (three or more bars), but it seems to be constantly kicking me out of phone calls. It doesn't matter if I originate the call or if it's someone else and the problem persists with different people (and for phone calls all across Canada).

Help on this problem would be great!

16 REPLIES 16

mian_muzaffar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the reply, yes, we tried restarting phone, reset the settings, taking SIM card out, cleaning it but none of that seems to work.

Did try restarting your phone ?  What brand and model do you have ?

mian_muzaffar

HI,

I have 2 phones and have also recomended this service to few of my friends who bought and swtiched to public, I have noticed that when I am on call my phone get automatically disconnected after every hour. I was contacted by my referred friend who is also with Public that it is happening with her plan as well. I was wondering if this can be looked at. I can share the number with you if asked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ladybearbc wrote:

I have noticed an odd thing  with PM when I am dialling - either from my contacts - or from the internet, probably from actual punching in the numbers as well.

If the number is not correctly created - Public Mobile comes on and tells me that voice is not available to me.

eg I have a phone number in my contacts as 18008008000x2930 - Public Mobile does not kick out the extension - but tells me I do not have talking on my plan, so I have to manually input the number.

Is that how you have it saved in your contact list with an x?  I have never heard of that working.  I have always used the combination of short and long pauses to peform such tasks, which adds a delay and tells the phone to dial such extensions (or PIN numbers, passwords, etc., for some other services such as long distance calling providers) after a preset delay/amount of time.  I have seen comma (,), semi-colin (;), and "p" being used before, but never an "x". I could be wrong about "x" not working - its just that I've never seen it.

I think the x in this case is that way of writing extension. The pauses you mention are probably what the OP needs.

@ladybearbc wrote:

I have noticed an odd thing  with PM when I am dialling - either from my contacts - or from the internet, probably from actual punching in the numbers as well.

If the number is not correctly created - Public Mobile comes on and tells me that voice is not available to me.

eg I have a phone number in my contacts as 18008008000x2930 - Public Mobile does not kick out the extension - but tells me I do not have talking on my plan, so I have to manually input the number.

Is that how you have it saved in your contact list with an x?  I have never heard of that working.  I have always used the combination of short and long pauses to peform such tasks, which adds a delay and tells the phone to dial such extensions (or PIN numbers, passwords, etc., for some other services such as long distance calling providers) after a preset delay/amount of time.  I have seen comma (,), semi-colin (;), and "p" being used before, but never an "x". I could be wrong about "x" not working - its just that I've never seen it.

@ladybearbc 

Blocked TXT are invisible you have no clue you have been blocked

Blocked Apps (eg Facetime) will just ring forever since other person gets no notification (which is an easy clue, it should not normally ring forever)

Blocked Voice drops straight to voicemail (however receiving person will not see the voicemail notification, there is a blocked tab to view should they care to)

@ladybearbc wrote:

If I dial a number - and the other person has blocked me - is there a way for me to know?

Also, if I text to a number - and they have blocked me - how would I know that?

Can they still text or call me?

Different phones/different provider's are different but if you call and it hardly completes first ring it might come up "this number is busy or unavailable" could be an indication.

You could always try calling from a different phone number and if it rings then you're probably blocked.

Don't think you can tell if text is blocked.

As for your other question..all the person has to do is unblock you to text n call you.

I know one of my old phones if I blocked someone..they would still be able to leave me a voicemail.

ladybearbc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If I dial a number - and the other person has blocked me - is there a way for me to know?

Also, if I text to a number - and they have blocked me - how would I know that?

Can they still text or call me?

ladybearbc

Another example - if I am dialling long distance and put in a 1 at the beginning (I am old school - long distance always needed the 1) - Public Mobile announces that talk is not allowed on my plan

Just odd.

dickwong

It happens to me quite frequently too, no matter it is my mom or gf whom I'm taking to.  Only when it is duct cleaning company cold calling me, the call never disconnects intelligently.

@Ndi67 hi it does happen once in a while it could be your phone cell tower, interference if it is ongoing you can contact a moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Ndi67

I have an LG Q6 and it seems like after being on the phone for an hour ( i know way to long, but its my mom) the call will just disconnect . You can imagine what goes through her mind and my ears when I call her back . Any help with this would be great thank you 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there agnawali,

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, but we can surely help you find a solution

In order to do so, can you send us a private message via the Community? Please click on this link: https://goo.gl/JnHqMR

Sincerely,
Public Mobile Team.

Gregmt

This was an issue for many on the Public Mobile Network a little while back. It was a network issue and they posted about it saying they were aware and that a solution was found and that if you were still experiencing this issue to contact the moderators privately with your issue so they could look into your situation individually. 

I was experiencing this exact issue for about 4 days. Mine has now been resolved after connecting with the moderators and rebooting my phone. 

Cheers 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@agnawali There are many customers reported dropped calls recently especially during peak hours. I don't normally use that long per call. So I can't tell the different. If your situation continues, please contact the Moderator by sending them a private message (click on the envelop icon and send to "Moderator_Team" and explain your issue.) 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@agnawali 

There have been several customers complained about the same issue, dropped phone calls.  Supposedly, this issue was resolved.  

You may need to contact moderator to help.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Issue-Resolved-Dropped-calls-issue/m-p/...

Need Help? Let's chat.