cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People Can't hear me on calls

bill_103
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I already contacted a mod and authenticated but nobody has replied to me in several days. This problem has been ongoing for over 2weeks.

I factory reset my phone 4 times and have run it in safe mode and it still wont allow me to hear people on a call or for people to hear me. I have now missed 2 business calls and need this to work before my trip.

Sometimes it works fine after a reboot or factory reset or sim out and in but always stops working again quickly. 

Please help me fix this 

Nobody has replied to my authentication I did 4days ago. Or any of my recent messages. My first complaint about this was 2 weeks ago.

Google has said because it is happening in safe mode and after a full reset that it is a problem with the carrier not the phone.

Currently I have nothing but factory software installed on my phone.

I think maybe faulty sim card or something on network end but am not sure. Will try suggestions. I just ordered a part to make my sim larger so I can put my sim in my old S5 to try and troubleshoot that as well but it hasn't arrived yet.c

Bill

20 REPLIES 20

@bill_103Your phone's audio chip has been desoldered from the main board.. no software will be able to fix that. It is a very easy fix for someone with a PCB rework station. Are you the original owner and did you have extended warranty? It is close to the 3 year mark for the phone, you might be lucky.. It is a perrenial problem with the Pixel line of phone since Pixel 2 lawsuit is ongoing.

@bill_103 wrote:

I just randomly accepted a solution as I've tried all these fixes.

Thanks anyway I guess I'll take it to repair shop even though I never dropped it.

Thanks

@bill_103  if you google pixel class action you will see that Google lost the case and was order to pay millions in damages to each original pixel owner. Not sure why ubreakifix is not covering it anymore. Possibly because they do not do the warranty on the newer Pixels. Anyway, good luck hope they can fix it.

bill_103

I just randomly accepted a solution as I've tried all these fixes.

Thanks anyway I guess I'll take it to repair shop even though I never dropped it.

Thanks

bill_103

Nope not hardware earphones do nothing

bill_103

Yes I always update to the latest Google software...I also tried not updating.

Thanks

bill_103

Looks like this ubreak place seems to think they can fix it. It's not in warrenty though and I was told if it is a motherboard issue it will be very very expensive and not worth replacing.

This is annoying my phone was fine 2 weeks ago and I never dropped it or anything and now everyone saying it's broken

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

There are indications online that it may be a hardware issue. However there are also indications that an issue may have been fixed in ver. 7.1.1.

Have you tried updating to the latest version after your factory reset?

Also check your aux port. If it's not working either, indicates the hardware/mainboard issue.

bill_103

Interesting I will look into this.

Thanks

@bill_103 wrote:

S5 is android but thanks anyway. Current phone is pixel xl

@bill_103  If your phone is a Pixel XL then just take it to the Google authorized service provider in Canada called uBreakiFix. Check for the closest location near you. The are aware of the problem and they will replace the motherboard on that phone free of charge. My son's Pixel phone had the same issue and they replaced the motherboard no questions asked as soon as I told the what you described above in your original post. The only reason I did not suggest earlier is because I thought you had a Pixel 3 XL

bill_103

Cards probably only a year old now.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bill_103 wrote:

Yep still waiting on sim expander. Though doubt it's the phone considering still doesn't work in safe mode.

Tried to include all I knew in post.

Your fine, sorry I miss read at first, I do have one suggestion, grab an app called hidden android settings, and try changing your radio settings see if swapping to a more optimised setting will help.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bill_103 wrote:

I already contacted a mod and authenticated but nobody has replied to me in several days. This problem has been ongoing for over 2weeks.

I factory reset my phone 4 times and have run it in safe mode and it still wont allow me to hear people on a call or for people to hear me. I have now missed 2 business calls and need this to work before my trip.

Sometimes it works fine after a reboot or factory reset or sim out and in but always stops working again quickly. 

Please help me fix this 

Nobody has replied to my authentication I did 4days ago. Or any of my recent messages. My first complaint about this was 2 weeks ago.

Google has said because it is happening in safe mode and after a full reset that it is a problem with the carrier not the phone.

Currently I have nothing but factory software installed on my phone.

@bill_103  Interesting they would say that because running in safe mode is used to determine if the issue is caused by a third part app that may have been installed on your phone. Not sure why Google would say it's a carrier issue. If anything, the fact that it happens in safe mode suggestes faulty hardware.

I think maybe faulty sim card or something on network end but am not sure. Will try suggestions. I just ordered a part to make my sim larger so I can put my sim in my old S5 to try and troubleshoot that as well but it hasn't arrived yet.c

@bill_103  How old is your sim card? If it's very old then might be worth a doing a sim swap but I doubt it.

@bill_103  Instead of waiting most mobile retailers will give you one of those re-sizers from the 3 in 1 cards for free because they end up throwing them out when doing customer activations. If calls work on the S5 then it's definetely a hardware phone issue.

Bill

bill_103

Lol np thanks anyway.

Bill

Oops...that's what I get for not reading the whole thing. Good luck @bill_103 

bill_103

Yep still waiting on sim expander. Though doubt it's the phone considering still doesn't work in safe mode.

Tried to include all I knew in post.

XionBunny

@hairbag1 wrote:

Try the sim in a different phone...if problem clears up, then likely a phone problem. If problem persists then could well be a bad sim.

Let us know what result is.

He said that's what he was going to attempt.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try the sim in a different phone...if problem clears up, then likely a phone problem. If problem persists then could well be a bad sim.

Let us know what result is.

XionBunny

@bill_103 wrote:

Sorry I made a error in reading your post, however you could try going the custom ROM route like I have, try browsing XDA forums for instructions, it gives you much more ability to customize your experience and fix issues on your own like this. I though it was worth it in the long run.

bill_103

XionBunny

Sadly I'm personally not veresed in iOS, I'm currently on a custom ROM of android pie on my lg v30 and all is well here, so if anything your other device will probably work perfectly.

Need Help? Let's chat.