cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for a service but not actually having it

mduffy1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up with public mobile at London drugs 5 days ago , took quite a few try’s then they told me to wait a few hours and see if would finish porting my number from Telus which it finally did, only to have it work for a day and a half before it went back to no service after I received my confirmation text that transfer was successful. My account is setup for auto pay says account is active and yet I cannot make or receive calls or send and receive texts. I have tried all the things I have read in the community and resolution and have sent 2 messages to MOD team 3 days ago and have had no response. Very frustrating to have a phone that doesn’t work and pay fir a service I don’t have. Any suggestions 

8 REPLIES 8

Keriktr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@mduffy1 Sorry to hear you are having so many issues, I did just come across this 

BE PREPARED

Probably not a lot of help now, but it does explain a few things about porting.

mduffy1

Tried putting in my old Telus SIM and it doesn’t work either, both SIM cards come up saying phone not activated contact your carrier 😞 

mduffy1

Very frustrating, I signed my daughter at the same time and since we were having so many troubles porting mine they did hers differently and hers worked rite away and hasnt had any problems 

mduffy1

I have tried that twice now and still not working , but thank you for the advice

Keriktr

@mduffy1 I have worked for Telus dealers for the past 15+ years, this is far more common than you think.  Often when a number is ported out to another carrier, if there are any issues or a delay on the server side, it reverts back to the original carrier.  If you still have your Telus SIM, try putting it back in your phone to see if it still works.  You may need to be patient, as the PORT will automatically try again if there was an issue.  Once the MODS can check into your account, I am sure they can help you out.

Dchunk74

I feel your pain signed up on the 26th and still waiting for the port to be completed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mduffy1Not sure if you tried reporting the phone as lost/stolen, and then found?  This often clears up similar issues.  Other than that, you might simply need to wait for the moderators to get back to you.  It might be something that needs to be cleared up/fixed at the back end.  Unfortunately wait times are in the 2+ days right now.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

While you wait...try the "Lost / Stolen" remedy. That seems to be an effective method of self-correcting some of this type of issue.

Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.