cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing my Phone Plan?

sfrancis2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm looking to pause my phone plan, I will be moving abroad for a year and will not be using my phone plan for obvious reasons. However, I would like to keep my phone number and preferably my plan for when I come back. I don't really know how to contact customer service about this. Is there any way someone can help me out here? 

6 REPLIES 6

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

How much do you receive in rewards?

If you move to 15 plan hope much would it be?

I have a relative who is away and she is paying $3 after moving to 15 plan. It's actually cheaper for her to keep it that way for a year than pay 15 full price every 110 days, not to mention much less headache. Login from time to time to check that everything is fine and you didn't lose any referrals, as they may change your plan. 

If it's more than 5 bucks you meet want to consider expiring your account

@Jackhyf63 Other than providing the service for free for a renwal, what would a moderator be able to do? Even if they agree to that, it's going to be one time.  The only way to keep an account going for a year is to pay for the service.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can only pause it 90 days at a time. So you will have to activate the plan once while you are away. If you don't have funds in your account just before you leave disable AutoPay. During your next plan renewal your account will go into suspension. From that point you have 90 days to re-activate your plan otherwise you account will close and you will lose your number. If you private message the moderators and ask really nicely they might be able to do something for you .

@sfrancis2 wrote:

I'm looking to pause my phone plan, I will be moving abroad for a year and will not be using my phone plan for obvious reasons. However, I would like to keep my phone number and preferably my plan for when I come back. I don't really know how to contact customer service about this. Is there any way someone can help me out here? 

Service can't be paused for you year, nor does customer service need to be contacted.  You can purposely not pay for your service, but after the service has been suspended for 90 days, the account will be closed.  You would have to renew your plan each time before that happens.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have autopay setup then you could remove it but you would need to make a payment before 90 days to keep your account active.  Another option would be to change your plan to $15 one and as long as you don't have a grandfathered plan then switch your plan back upon your return.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@sfrancis2 You can, but it's not free. Peruse this and come back as needed: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.