cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset

patelkevin1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For the love of God, PLEASE reset my password! I have sent multiple requests but no one has sent any link on my email to reset my password. It is so frustrated and impossible. Public mobile has the worst password reset system. Also DO NOT delete this post! My email is xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com. I will wait for the email reset.

27 REPLIES 27

@NDesai wrote:

@patelkevin1 wrote:

Didn't work for me. I would've gotten a notification on my phone if they sent the password reset link but they don't send anything to my email which is so annoying.

May be you locked your account after many unsuccessful attempts. As we already mentioned, only other way left to reset your password is to reach out to the moderator team by creating a ticket. 

Works for me too

But they may have tried wrong password too many times and have it flagged and will not be given any access without contacting mods. I'm not sure just my guess.

@patelkevin1 please send the message to mods directly, put up urgent on the subject line.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@patelkevin1 wrote:

Well the automatic password generator tool is complete crap and needs an overhaul as it doesn't work for all customers. I will be sending a formal complaint to CCST next week if they cannot resolve this very simple matter that should be done in 2 minutes flat. 

Did you ever get the welcome email from here? Might you still have it in your inbox history/archives? Do you get any emails from this place other than community notifications? Like marketing and such?

If so then that's your log in id.

If not then maybe your registered email is incorrect or apparently also possibly too long.

@patelkevin1 wrote:

I'm using chrome on my Android phone. And I've never ever gotten a password reset within minutes with these useless moderators. In fact, I've never gotten it at all.

Password reset function is an automated system. No humans involved.

As mentioned multiple times before, you need to contact the moderator team (= Public Mobile customer service agents) through the chat bot (question mark in lover right-hand corner of your screen) or by sending them a private message. You will need to provide credentials to verify that you are the account holder before they will send you a password reset link manually. Help the moderator team help you!

patelkevin1

Well the automatic password generator tool is complete crap and needs an overhaul as it doesn't work for all customers. I will be sending a formal complaint to CCST next week if they cannot resolve this very simple matter that should be done in 2 minutes flat. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@patelkevin1 wrote:

I'm using chrome on my Android phone. And I've never ever gotten a password reset within minutes with these useless moderators. In fact, I've never gotten it at all.

The suggestion of the 611 service was if you needed to top up to renew or buy an add-on. Not reseting the password for the self serve. It was a guess at your need to get into your self serve.

The automated system would send to your registered email inbox.

After sending a private message or submiting a ticket, the moderators would reply to you here in the community via the private message system as suggested by someone for you to look to the top right side with the little envelope icon.

@patelkevin1 wrote:

Forgot your password is a tool and the email is sent automatically. For some reason you are not getting it. So Moderators have to manually reset your password from the backend systems. You will have to wait for their reply if you already created a ticket for them. You will get an email or Private Message here on the community once they are done working on your ticket. 

patelkevin1

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@patelkevin1 wrote:

Yes the account did get locked because of the stupid security question. This is the worst service for support. I wish public mobile would bring back their telephone support team.

The security question is used to make sure that you are the owner of your account.

I just tested the password reset link on the login page. 

I received PM password reset email within 1 minutes. 

I am using Chrome browser on WIndows 10.

There is only 5 moderator online at the moment.

You may have to wait until tomorrow to get a moderator reply.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@patelkevin1 wrote:

This is the worst service for support. I wish public mobile would bring back their telephone support team.

Did PM ever have a telephone support team..... anybody?

That, and it's a case of "pick your poison", i.e. sit on hold, listening to elevator music, potentially for hours(I HAVE done that, with Telus), waiting for "the next available representative", or coming to these forums, and getting some help almost instantly..... 🤔 

@CannonFodder 

Legacy customers, who joined Public Mobile before January 2015, had access to PM phone support until March 16 / 2019. The affected customers were presented with several options to move forward, one of them included a migration offer to Koodo with access to their call center. 

patelkevin1

Nope nothing. I keep checking it every 5 minutes. I think they hate helping customers.

@patelkevin1  I haven't personally had to use this sort of thing, yet, but I suggest you check the envelope icon on the top, right side of the screen, while on these forums - if there's a number showing in that envelope, you've received a private message, which just MIGHT be a Moderator.

patelkevin1

It's been a while hour since the moderators replied. It doesn't look like they'll ever reply. 

patelkevin1

These moderators are unable to send a simple password reset to my email.

@patelkevin1 wrote:

This is the worst service for support. I wish public mobile would bring back their telephone support team.

Did PM ever have a telephone support team..... anybody?

That, and it's a case of "pick your poison", i.e. sit on hold, listening to elevator music, potentially for hours(I HAVE done that, with Telus), waiting for "the next available representative", or coming to these forums, and getting some help almost instantly..... 🤔 

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@patelkevin1 wrote:

611 doesn't work. No idea where you got that from. Going to the add on screen DOES NOT prompt a password reset or contact with a representative

@patelkevin1 

Why don't you give the mods a messege by clicking This .

Just explain this you have been having issues logging in. They will reply back in your inbox here.

Cheers

patelkevin1

Yes the account did get locked because of the stupid security question. This is the worst service for support. I wish public mobile would bring back their telephone support team.

@patelkevin1 wrote:

611 doesn't work. No idea where you got that from. Going to the add on screen DOES NOT prompt a password reset or contact with a representative

Not sure what you're even referring to when you said the part in bold(and underlined) above.

Since you can't get it done, yourself, with the reset password link, contact the Moderator team, as instructed by at least 4 other people in this thread, including @ddeep91 , in the 2nd post in this thread.

@patelkevin1 wrote:

Didn't work for me. I would've gotten a notification on my phone if they sent the password reset link but they don't send anything to my email which is so annoying.

May be you locked your account after many unsuccessful attempts. As we already mentioned, only other way left to reset your password is to reach out to the moderator team by creating a ticket. 

patelkevin1

patelkevin1

@kselmak I just requested to reset my password using hotmail and Gmail. I got the reset email directly in my inbox within a min. I am not sure why this doesn't work for others.

patelkevin1

I've already done that. Nobody wants to help with a simple password reset. I've spent more time in the community forums than it should take. They should've verified everything by now. This makes me want to change phone companies. So annoyed with the crappy online team. The phone representatives were way better and would've fixed my password in 2 minutes. Too bad these online representatives are useless.

Hi @patelkevin1 

Since you cannot log in you will have to send message directly

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Thanks

@patelkevin1 contact the moderators and ask them for a reset link. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket). Then keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The answer from the mods will show up there.

@patelkevin1 wrote:

I wish your answer was right but it's incorrect. I've checked my junk mail and there is nothing there and my inbox. Nobody is sending anything in my email. I don't think anyone wants to reset my password which is extremely frustrating.

patelkevin1

I wish your answer was right but it's incorrect. I've checked my junk mail and there is nothing there and my inbox. Nobody is sending anything in my email. I don't think anyone wants to reset my password which is extremely frustrating.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@patelkevin1 Likely the link will expire when you get the email. If you don't receive it within about 30 mins, it will be useless. So if it does not work, you will have to contact the mod team to get it reset. There are some option when you call 611 if you are looking to renew or add an add-on. 

Start a conversation with Simon (chat bot) by clicking HERE to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Be sure to provide as much details as possible so the bot can enter all the info needed to open a ticket.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@patelkevin1 wrote:
For the love of God, PLEASE reset my password! I have sent multiple requests but no one has sent any link on my email to reset my password. It is so frustrated and impossible. Public mobile has the worst password reset system. Also DO NOT delete this post! My email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I will wait for the email reset.

Hey @patelkevin1  

have already tried resetting the password by clicking the "forget your password" and you did not get the email(Check junk/spam mail also just to make sure). Sometimes email can take a few mins to come through.

email.PNG

If you are still having problems then you will need to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team.

please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon

• Click The "?" at the bottom right corner.
    This connects to the Autobot Simon.
  • Type "Moderator" and follow the prompts to get to one.

(CLICK on the "account-specific" question and human and submit a ticket)
           Type a message describing the problem and post.

OR

if you are still having issues you can contact them directly using this Moderator Team.

Make sure you enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.