cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password invalid except it is

mwandel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does this happen to anyone else?

Haven't used the self serve for a while.  Try to log in with email address and password (which I have written down, definitely not forgotten).  It says it is invalid.  Typo?  Try a second time, very carefully.  Still invalid, and oh, you're now locked out for an hour.

Eventually go through the password reset procedure, set the exact same password as last time, log in successfully.

Until another few weeks/months of non-use, then repeat the above again.  It should be noted this is the desktop web site, used from two different setups (my home and work machine).

Markus

8 REPLIES 8

pixel4a
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Staliger

Why did you respond to this? Your reply contains no useful information. Please try to answer the OP in a helpful manner, or not at all. Thank you.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@@

Markus,

I have not had this issue although I login every couple weeks. Or to check on community rewards or add data etc. So I have not gone for months. Could be their system auto clears passwords after being dorment for a period of time this could be code written in to make sure accounts are secure. 

Enjoy your day. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@mwandel wrote:

Haven't used the self serve for a while.  Try to log in with email address and password (which I have written down, definitely not forgotten).  It says it is invalid.  Typo?  Try a second time, very carefully.  Still invalid, and oh, you're now locked out for an hour.

Eventually go through the password reset procedure, set the exact same password as last time, log in successfully.

Until another few weeks/months of non-use, then repeat the above again.  It should be noted this is the desktop web site, used from two different setups (my home and work machine).

Markus

Next time you can try the following:

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. 

If it continues to happen you may want to contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) via the chatbot:

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@mwandel No, didn't face this. However, I login every 2 weeks there. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@mwandel Unfortunately, for some reason their system does not like to store the same password for long time when a mod makes password change. I had this issue multiple times. Only way to fix it is to change the password that you never used before.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mwandel wrote:

Markus

Try a different web browser...I'm using Firefox without problems.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Never happemed to me @mwandel  and I don't understand the 2 attempts. I have missed 2 and still got  a third one. Stay safe. 

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Make sure you are typing it the same exact way (check your caps lock). If that doesn't help, try resetting the password.

If that still doesn't help, contact a moderator here.

Need Help? Let's chat.