cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Reset links not working?

askhanthan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there. Ive been trying for a few weeks now to reset my PM self serve password as I canot log in. I get locked out after 2 attempts and the password reset emails that are sent come about an hour or two later, and the links in them don't work. 

can anyone help me reset my password?

8 REPLIES 8

@dabr Thanks. Foolish me, I thought email notification of private messages would still arrive even with Community notification email OFF. They look separate but are not, I guess. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

@dabr Where does the moderator response to a ticket submission go? Mine appeared in private messages but not my email.

@Luddite  I seem to get both.  So generally I will get an email saying 'You have received a private message in the community'.  Then I need to sign into the community to respond back or follow the suggestion by moderator.

Edit:  Actually for the email password reset, password is provided in the email so it's not not necessary to login to community to reset it.

@dabr , or anyone else:

Where does the moderator response to a ticket submission go? Mine appeared in private messages but not my email.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@askhanthan wrote:

Thanks for the reply. 

I tried the cookies and cache, and opened the link in different browsers and incognito. 

I usually keep a close eye on my email when the links are sent but when i finally get them they're expired. 

Thanks for the tip, ill talk to the the chatbot. 

Unfortunately, that's the only way for you to get an email reset.  I had to do one myself a few weeks ago, and did need to send another request because the first one had expired.  It was my fault for not checking in time.  But usually I've found the moderators do respond fairly quickly so the reason for advising to keep checking your email folder, and sometimes they can go to the junk folder too, something to keep in mind.  Good luck!

@askhanthan  I dont think i could give any better advice than @dabr  has laid out for you. The moderators seem to be the best way to go at this point. When they solve your issue please com back and award the solution to the appropriate author.

askhanthan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the reply. 

I tried the cookies and cache, and opened the link in different browsers and incognito. 

I usually keep a close eye on my email when the links are sent but when i finally get them they're expired. 

Thanks for the tip, ill talk to the the chatbot. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@askhanthan wrote:

Hi there. Ive been trying for a few weeks now to reset my PM self serve password as I canot log in. I get locked out after 2 attempts and the password reset emails that are sent come about an hour or two later, and the links in them don't work. 

can anyone help me reset my password?

Have you tried clearing cache and cookies.  Also try another browser/incognito mode.  You may need to wait an hour between tries as after too many attempts the system will lock you out.  Although 2 tries shouldn't do it.

The reset emails do only have 2 hour window before they expire and you need to send another request, so checking every 15 mins for emails from moderators is usally a good idea. 

You'll have to request another reset email and hopefully you can get to it  before it expires.  Mention in your message to moderators that the emails are arriving late and are already expired.

Send another message here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

GR
Mayor / Maire

@askhanthan  click here to send a message to the Moderator_Team and ask them to reset your password !

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Need Help? Let's chat.