cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid my plan, but plan expired 5 days later? @moderator please help.

KlausDSeel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I paid my plan fully on October 11th and it was great and working. My new payment date was in November, but my phone disconnected today and my plan says it expired. My phone no longer works. Can someone help me please?

7 REPLIES 7

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

One possible quick way that might help is to simply renew the plan (pay again) that could reset your cycle then deal with getting credit for your next cycle instead of waiting.  Take screen shots of current status and payment history as proof for  why you did things....

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great that you did that @KlausDSeel

It can sound discouraging with some of the wait times people have been posting. However I think it's good to get the ball rolling. Many times when I required help from the moderators, I was pleasantly surprised that they were able to assist me a lot sooner rather than later. Not everyone's experience, but atleast your issue is in the queue now.

KlausDSeel

Thank you. I have contacted moderator team. I appreciate it alot.

KlausDSeel

My phone is bought straight from a dealer, definitely not stolen. Thank you for the idea though.

Jarvar

I assume you have been using the phone before and the disconnection is new. If youa re concerned that the phone was reported lost or stolen.

I think you can check your phone's hardware compatibility with Public Mobile's IMEI checker here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

Was the phone working before? How long has it been working on the Public Mobile network prior? I do suspect though that it's account related, since if the phone was a problem, they would still let your account be active. I don't think they would deactivate the account just because you had a phone incompatability issue. If you could provide more details perhaps inside your self serve account if there are any warnings or anything out of the ordinary it would be helpful. Other than that the Moderator team would have the most insight into the odd behaviour with your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KlausDSeel wrote:

I paid my plan fully on October 11th and it was great and working. My new payment date was in November, but my phone disconnected today and my plan says it expired. My phone no longer works. Can someone help me please?

Did you possibly buy the phone used? If so maybe a previous owner has declared it lost/stolen and now you're affected.

Jarvar

Sorry to hear about that @KlausDSeel

I'd suggest you reach out to the Moderator team right away with your account information.

You can click here also to send them a private message.

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9 am to 9 pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9 am to 7:30 pm [Toronto Time]

• Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on how many messages in the queue, but can be up to 48 hours.

• There is no need to send multiple messages. In fact, each message you send will put you all the way to the back of the line.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Need Help? Let's chat.