cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for Data but no data for last 6 months!!!!

progdrums
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been a loyal Public Mobile Customer for about 2 years or so. about 6 months ago I had an interruption in service which was not my fault. Public Mobile was kind enough to fix the issue however since then I have had NO DATA even tho I should have 4GB/month. I prepay for 3 months. I tried calling and spoke to someone after many many tries but the issue was never resolved. I am due for renwal on May 18 and would like to be credited for the lost data I have paid and my account repaired before I do so. I cant seem to reach a moderator as Jeremy is listed but has left the company. Someone please help as I have not been able to even receive pictures. Aside from this issue, I find the reception quality excelent and would like to remain with PM. Please Moderators be in touch as I dont want to lose service and cant continue to pay unless the issue is resolved.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Glad everything worked out. APN is one of the first things we look at when only data isn’t working. 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good to hear the you've resolved your problem; and hope you like Public Mobile 🙂

progdrums

The issue is FIXED! At some point the APN was updated to an INCORRECT setting. This is done automatically from the network. It was incorrectly set as SP.TELUS.COM. It should have been SP.MB.COM. To change this setting on an android phone: Settings>Mobile Networks>Acess Point Names then go to the bottom right of the screen where there is 3 vertical dots. Click on this>choose New APN and add SP.MB.COM.

Data should work thereafter.

The Moderators should make this a Sticky!!!!!

Public Mobile compensated me beyond my expectations and I am still a very satisfied customer.

Cheers Everyone!!!

progdrums

Will DO! They are still working on it. Weird issue. I am going to test on another phone tonight to see if its an issue with my phone but doubt it will be.

Cheers

Rockdaddy22

Keep posting updates here until this issue is resolved.  

progdrums

I have contacted the moderator team again with all the necessary info. hopefully they can fix it this time. I dont really need the data so much other than for pictures and attachments and love the quality otherwise!

progdrums

i tried. not that easy!

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

i am amazed you didn't go after PM a lot sooner!

bryclops
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If a problem is not resolved within a day that is concerning.  For most people that use data, a loss of data for 6 months would not be accepted let alone 60 minutes.  I'm assuming you barely use it and may even want to consider a cheap plan that uses less data. Please reach out to the community or a moderators if any other issues arise with your service and we will help find an answer.

progdrums

issue still unsolved

progdrums

Thanks for the quick response!

progdrums

calling 611 i did manage to speak with someone some time ago. thanks for the quick response

mimmo

To contact mods follow instructions below:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

As you've been a member for two years, I do not know who you talked too, as there is no call-centre access for plans started after Jan 2015.

You will need to send a Private Message to the @CS_Agent, with your phone number, your account number, and your PIN, detailing the services that you are not receiving.

Need Help? Let's chat.