cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid but no service

mikadabi0011
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

I paid for my new pm account yesterday for $25 basic plus $15 300min international

I still have 0$ balance , no service - , cannot use the Phone

Did I fail t to activate somewhere?

this is the payment history

Dec 9, 2020300 International Long Distance Minutes/300 minutes d’interurbain outre-mer $15.00$0.00
Dec 9, 20201GB at 3G Speed/ 1Go à la vitesse 3G $15.00$15.00
Dec 9, 202030-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$30.00
Dec 9, 2020Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$40.00 $40.00
57 REPLIES 57

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Ro4- Please contact support.

@softech- I think he might have picked up someones number - or - someone has picked up his. I called him with my Public phone and we spoke briefly. I then called from a different service and it went to voicemail and a womans voice and maybe name was heard. I hung up.

@Ro4 you have open another ticket with PM support?  as you know we are just customers here, even the member calling you cannot help you with a refund. 

Please open ticket with PM support , or reply on the existing one, if there is one

Ro4

Please refund my money to my bank account because after payment not have service 

@Ro4 wrote:

I am pay 28$ but not service not received call.slso have another person with my line 

@Ro4 What is "have another person with my line"? 

Ro4

I am pay 28$ but not service not received call.slso have another person with my line 

LornaR96
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been a customer of public mobile for several months now. I've had no issues with them up until last week. I cannot make any phone calls to anyone, I cannot receive any phone calls from anyone, I have no cellular data when I leave the house. All I have is internet when I am inside my home. I go into my account and the bill is not paid, but I'm set up with automatic payment. I pay off the bill now having no balance owing. I update my credit card information to be sure that it's still automatic ongoing payments. Two days after paying my bill, I still have no cellular plan. What's going on? I'm a paying customer and I'm not getting my service.

mikadabi0011

Ok - it finally works!

we switched the new sim to new phone - it worked

we went back to old sim on  new phone  - it works

we put the new sim to the old phone - it works !!! ( after the phone prompting for a restart

and setting up the mailbox.

Ladies and Gentlemen - I thank you very much for your support.

mikadabi0011

Ok - it finally works!

we switched the new sim to new phone - it worked

we went back to old sim on  new phone  - it works

we put the new sim to the old phone - it works !!! ( after the phone prompting for a restart

and setting up the mailbox.

Ladies and Gentlemen - I thank you very much for your support.

Ra4

@Anonymous 

I agree with you, it is also stressful and money is being thrown around. This is not a pleasing situation to be in. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Criminals be criminals. We all get a good laugh out of the dumb criminals. These are clever criminals.

Protect your identity. Have difficult passwords. Change them on occasion.

There was allegedly a data hack sometime back in Feb that seems to have been logins. So then it's a piece of cake for someone to login to an account. Thus the suggestion of changing passwords on occasion.

But it has been strongly suggested around here to have another text confirmation for a SIM change to avoid the SIM-jacking problem when someone has fraudulently logged in. We've only just recently seen the text confirmation for porting out. How long must we wait for one for a SIM change.

Ra4

@Anonymous 

I really don't want to pay more money, I have had the $50 plan the whole time, and just in october was changed to the $30. So I paid so much money already. I hope they can bring back my old sim, I don't want to change anything, specially my phone number, this is my personal. I am so worried about this whole process. I am not really sure how something like that is even possible, 

Ra4

@RosieR 

Hello , no they don't match. They are two different numbers. I can prove it for sure! So I can get a refund. 

Nobody has access to my phone, sim or account. 

Thanks ❤️

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ra4 wrote:

@JoyLuck 

I have not reported it stolen in my self serve. I want refund to the other months because I know I have not used my phone since august and whoever hijacked it, is using it non-stop. I did submit a ticket. I really want my service back

Yeah I'm not sure about a refund. You chose autopay. Just because you hadn't used the service, doesn't mean you can get a refund. That's the agreement. Hey company, I give you permission to take my money in exchange for service with you. The company obliges. Agreement fulfilled.

Anyway, I hope it all works out for you. I would be looking out more for other financial logins than here. Just suspend the service, change the password and then check everything out there and wait for the mods. They should re-instate your original SIM and credit you the fraudulent purchases.

Or buy a SIM and change to it and maybe they would credit you the cost.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Ra4 wrote:

@JoyLuck 

I have not reported it stolen in my self serve. I want refund to the other months because I know I have not used my phone since august and whoever hijacked it, is using it non-stop. I did submit a ticket. I really want my service back

Hi @Ra4 sorry to hear you are having problems.  As Public Mobile is prepaid, there is no refund unfortunately.  Unless, of course, you had truly been sim jacked.  You have to prove that and then maybe.

Please log in your self serve account https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Do the 4 digit number in your account match the last 4 digits of your SIM card in your phone?  You can find this under "Change Sim Card" on your Overview account:

self serve overview -3 my profile - edit profile - change simcard.png

If the numbers are different, let the moderators know this, and start changing your passwords with PM accounts, banking, etc.

If the numbers are the same, your sim card was not hacked.  Would it be possible that someone in your household is using your phone?  Just a thought. 

Please don't forget to get your free gifts from Public Mobile here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

Best wishes and season's greetings!  🎄🎄🎄

Ra4

@JoyLuck 

I did, thank you so much. I will update with what they say, if they respond. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Ra4 wrote:

@JoyLuck 

Please log into self service and put the phone in lost/stolen mode immediately and change

the password.

Ra4

@JoyLuck 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Ra4 wrote:

Hello, 

So let me add few things on this. i have always used the same sim and it has never left my phone. Unfortunately, after few recommendations I have read on here. I came to realize that my service has been jacked and someone is using another sim in my account. They have activated every add-on and they talk on the phone non-stop, so many out going calls, I have not called once on this phone since august. I am in deep disappointment and I don't know what to do. I have messaged the moderators and I have not heard back yet. I can't get over how something like this is even possible and ow people have the nerve to steal other people. 

Have you put your phone on lost/stolen mode in self servicer and changed the password?

Have you checked and secured your financials and changed the passwords?

If you have submitted a ticket to the moderators hopefully you will hear back soon. Keep an eye on the envelope icon in the top right hand corner for a reply.

Ra4

Hello, 

So let me add few things on this. i have always used the same sim and it has never left my phone. Unfortunately, after few recommendations I have read on here. I came to realize that my service has been jacked and someone is using another sim in my account. They have activated every add-on and they talk on the phone non-stop, so many out going calls, I have not called once on this phone since august. I am in deep disappointment and I don't know what to do. I have messaged the moderators and I have not heard back yet. I can't get over how something like this is even possible and ow people have the nerve to steal other people. 

Ra4

Hello, 

I did everything you guys have said. Everything is correct, I did change at the next one.

@Ra4....

as you may know, Autopay sometimes fails. Some seasoned PM'ers will manually add $$ to their Available Funds, a few days ahead of renewal date.That seems to make the renewal process happy and you'll still get the Autopay rewards.

@Ra4...

log into your account to confirm if its Active or something else. When you changed your plan did you select Change at next renewal or Change plan now ?

Try rebooting the handset.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Ra4 wrote:

I have the same issue, I don't have a new sim. I am on auto-repay. and my phone is giving me no service all of the sudden. I have an iphone 6S and I bought it from apple and always used it with public mobile. Recently, I changed my plan.

Can you log into self service and choose Change Sim Card and  see if the last 4 numbers match the sim in your phone to ensure you have not been sim jacked.

If the numbers do not match you have been sim jacked. Go into self service and put your phone in lost/stolen mode. Change the self service password. Next go and secure all your financials and change passwords and make sure no money taken out of your accounts like PayPal etc. 

You should also change passwords on other accounts like emails etc.

Next contact PM moderators to get your services working again.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Ra4

I have the same issue, I don't have a new sim. I am on auto-repay. and my phone is giving me no service all of the sudden. I have an iphone 6S and I bought it from apple and always used it with public mobile. Recently, I changed my plan.

@mikadabi0011...

keep us posted when you get this resolved, in case it ever comes up again.

I'd really like to know why this happened..and how it got fixed.

Good luck and welcome to PM.

@mikadabi0011  a moderator should not have done that. Simon will just lead you back to these forums.

So either try answering the questions we posted. Like swapping sims with your wife's phone and your wife's sim in your phone. Or send another private message back to the moderators and ask them to look into it again for you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikadabi0011 wrote:

So...

the MOD directed me to SIMon 

I think I will try some other  way 

Thank you all

Try what? So a mod got back to you and said go through SIMon without helping you?

We can walk you through things. We just need all the answers from questions posed.

mikadabi0011

thanks

I did that already ... and ended up with SIMon

@mikadabi0011 wrote:

So...

Thank you all

Use this private link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mikadabi0011

So...

Thank you all

Need Help? Let's chat.