PUK

Ahmaddaraa308
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

PUK

15 REPLIES 15

Whilsendeger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

Just had this happen to me. Our old provider gave me the wrong unlocking key and my phone, a Samsung galaxy s7, need a PUK. A PUK is a master key to unlock your phone, your phone locks up after 2 attempts at unlocking a SIM card.  All I did was contact, by phone, the samsung canada teck department and the gave me the master key to unlock the phone plus the key to unlock the sim card. I phoned because if you enter the wrong master key you would have to send in you phone.  All they need is your IMEI number, which you can find in your settings or go to your phone keypad and dial *#06# and your IMEI and serial number pops up. Hope this helps! 

@Alireja wrote:

It used to be printed on the SIM Card Package old days!

I have seen countless sim card packages and the larger plastic pieces attached to sim cards over more than 20 years and have never once seen a PUK provided with them.  

@AlirejaNot in Canada.

Alireja

It used to be printed on the SIM Card Package old days!

Alireja

@Alireja wrote:

PUK code has nothing to do with the phone.

PUK; Personal Unlocking Key is a master security code for unblocking and resetting the personal identification number (PIN) for your SIM card.

For added security, the PUK is unique to your SIM card. It usually could be found on the SIM card package.

A sim card's PUK will not be provided on the sim card package.  It is unique to the each individual sim card ans is purposely kept secret from the subscriber. The way to get such a PUK code for a specific sim card would to contact Public's Mobile's moderators and ask for it.

Alireja

PUK code has nothing to do with the phone.

PUK; Personal Unlocking Key is a master security code for unblocking and resetting the personal identification number (PIN) for your SIM card.

For added security, the PUK is unique to your SIM card. It usually could be found on the SIM card package.

@GinYVR wrote:

Did you ever change your SIM PIN? If not, try 1234 or 0000 those are the defaults.

The default PIN1 of all Public Mobile sim cards is 1234.  Public Mobile doesn't use 0000.

tyedye00
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

which phone are you using? If you could give us more information we can help ya!

Otherwise in my case I have a Samsung and it was locked to my previous carrier. In this instance you can live chat Samsung Canada and ask them if they could help unlock your phone. They wilk give you two codes to help unlock your phone with instructions.

If you are still having problems then PM Moderators could help with unlock codes.

Did you ever change your SIM PIN? If not, try 1234 or 0000 those are the defaults.

Please remove your personal info. There had been a few hacks.. and with your name (first middle and last) and number the public (general location) on; the internet already knows too much about you.

@Ahmaddaraa308  You need to contact PM for that To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Ahmaddaraa308
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there . Please I am looking for my PUK number to unlock my public SIM card.the phone number is xxxxxxxxxx

My phone is Samsung S7 edge. My name is xxxxx xxx xxxxxxx. I have an account with public.I want the PUK number please 

Edited by SD08 to remove personal info.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ahmaddaraa308  Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ahmaddaraa308 wrote:

PUK

PUK

What exact message is your phone saying and what make/model is your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.