cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK number

Savannahlavoie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I locked my sim and now my phone is extremely pointless... I’ve been waiting for days for them to answer and no one has yet. Should have a number to call. 

15 REPLIES 15

@Savannahlavoie wrote:

No it’s apple

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Savannahlavoie, is it possible your phone was locked by your previous provider?

By any chance, is it a Samsung phone?

Unfortunately it looks like you will have to wait for moderator assistance or get a replacement SIM as suggested by others. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Savannahlavoie

Yes everything was fine

Savannahlavoie

No it’s apple

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Savannahlavoie, is it possible your phone was locked by your previous provider?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Savannahlavoie wrote:

I locked my sim and now my phone is extremely pointless... I’ve been waiting for days for them to answer and no one has yet. Should have a number to call. 

@Savannahlavoie  Did you just activate your plan by any chance? Was your phone working with PM before locking your sim?

@Savannahlavoie wrote:

I just paid my phone bill and would rather not have to get a new SIM card because I’d have to get a new number 

@geopublic wrote:

@Savannahlavoie  Understood. Please note though that when you change SIMs it does not affect your number. The number remains the same unless you change it.

@Savannahlavoie 

There is mixed opinion on whether multiple messages to moderator affects the length of queue or response.  Even mixed messages from different moderators.  

It also depends on which PUK code message you get as described in previous response.  If you entered incorrect SIM card PIN multiple times and get the PUK error, then moderators are only people that can correct issue.  Unless you want to buy a new SIM card ($10) and switch SIM card in your self service account.  You can keep the same number and plan.  Just need to switch SIM cards.  

Savannahlavoie

I just paid my phone bill and would rather not have to get a new SIM card because I’d have to get a new number 

@geopublic wrote:

@Savannahlavoie wrote:

Hey I’ve  sent 7 messages to them and I have been checking this such a pain 

@Savannahlavoie  Not sure why it would take that long hopefully the @CS_Agent  responds soon. Another option is to pickup a new PM sim card and do a sim card change via online selfserve to get up and running.

@Savannahlavoie wrote:

@Savannahlavoie  Not sure why it would take that long hopefully the @CS_Agent  responds soon. Another option is to pickup a new PM sim card and do a sim card change via online selfserve to get up and running.

Savannahlavoie

They go in order first come first serve so all the messages they get have time and dates on them so if anything it should close on the line since it’s been days 

@SavannahlavoieSending them multiple messages may move you down the list and increase your wait time, it could be why they haven't responded.

Savannahlavoie

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Savannahlavoie wrote:

The very first thing you will need to do is determine which type of code that you need.

The PUK of the sim card itself is a security measure and a code that is need if you enter the sim card's secuirty PIN too many times. If this is what you need, then only Public Mobiile's moderators can give you that. Moderators can be contacted through this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 .

Please note that code is not normally needed unless someone turned on your sim card's security features and then entered the incorrect sim card PIN multiple times incorrectly.

If your phone is asking for the "Sim network unlock PUK", this means that your phone is locked to a different carrier. This would meant hat the "Sim network unlock PIN" incorrectly multiple times. These codes are something that only the original carrier of the phone or the phone's manufactuer can provided. Public Mobile cannot help you with either of these. The "Sim unlock network PIN" is the actual code that you would need to make a phone unlocked so that  a Public Mobile sim card can be used, but the "Sim network unlock PUK" would first need to be used to re-enable the ability to network unlock the device if the phone is prompting you for that.

Please realize that these codes are completely different things, and it's important to know which you need.

*Credit for post goes to @computergeek541 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Savannahlavoie wrote:

@Savannahlavoie  If it's been more than 48 hours then send the moderator another message asking for a status update. Keep checking then envelope icon for a red dot.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator.

Moserator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It can take 48-72 hours for a response depending on workload.

Need Help? Let's chat.