cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK number

pmahindru
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, my phone SIM is locked suddenly and it is asking for a PUK number. How can I get my PUK number. Can anyone help me. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pmahindru wrote:

Hi, my phone SIM is locked suddenly and it is asking for a PUK number. How can I get my PUK number. Can anyone help me. Thanks

@pmahindru  Try your sim in another phone. If it doesn't ask for a code then the issue is with your phone.

Alexandru_Odate
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Another way to figure out that is about the PUK (and not the unlock code to unlock the phone from a different service provider) is the countdown of attempts (for PUK from the beginning saying you have 10 attempts and with each failure will decrement until 1 and after another wrong entry the SIM gets burned - unusable).

For unlock code (unlocking from a different service provider) usually the number or the attempts is max 3 (after this the device will be locked for good with the previous service provider, i.e. with whom was sold).

@Dunkman wrote:

@pmahindru 

Which exact message are you getting on your phone?  Is this a new phone?  More details may be helpful. 

If you have a Samsung phone,

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code"

Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code 

This is a very important question, and I haven't seen an answer. @pmahindru If you still don't have your answer, this information should be provided as @Dunkman requested.

Anonymous
Not applicable

pmahindru

Sorry the SIM is of Public mobile.

pmahindru

No it is a old phone and the Sim isn't Public Mobile. All of sudden yesterdyabtye Sim gotnlocjed and it keeps sending a message put in my PUK code to unlock the public mobile sim.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@pmahindru 

Which exact message are you getting on your phone?  Is this a new phone?  More details may be helpful. 

If you have a Samsung phone,

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code"

Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If it is for sim you cab try 1234 or contact mods

If you do have screen lock also try it cause you or somebody in the family might have done that by accident thinking they were unlocking it (my mom once put looooong wifi password for one of the locks on her Samsung she keyed it in two times without a clue)

Don't attempted too many times it can get locked and useless.

It's it's for the phone, your best bet is to contact manufacturer or previous provider. I would try manufacturer first

Need Help? Let's chat.