cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Website breaking?

arlolior
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone else experiencing PM's website break when they try and access the Community?

Every so often, for me, it won't load or it will only partially load, sometimes the links are broken or incorrect (I tried clicking on My Account and it took me to PM's Youtube).

24 REPLIES 24

@mpcdesign @ShawnC13  hey guys can we stay in topic here. Lol 

I get me daughter to draw for me. Shes 1. 

IMG_20200323_163159.jpg

That does look nice. I haven't drawn anything unless it's a wireframe or logo design. 

I did buy a Viewsonic 32 monitor so that I can give my 24" Samsung monitor to my folks who was using 15" squared monitor. It was so old, it wasn't funny.

@mpcdesign wrote:

@ShawnC13, no I never used one a surface before. One of my managers went to the Adobe Conferences in the States, and Microsoft was one of the presenters. At the end of the presentation, they gave the audience a Surface. What? Yep, a Surface. 

My manager shows me it. And then puts it back into his cabinet...it never saw the light again!

But, I have seen some students who swear by it. 

What do you use?

Oh that wasn't a surface tablet is was the surface Studio it is a 28" touch screen that swivels down like a drafting table.  I got no artistic skills I use a piece of paper and a pencil.  I need a ruler to draw a stickman body lol

ShawnC13_0-1588130530519.jpeg

ShawnC13_1-1588130544064.jpeg

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13, no I never used one a surface before. One of my managers went to the Adobe Conferences in the States, and Microsoft was one of the presenters. At the end of the presentation, they gave the audience a Surface. What? Yep, a Surface. 

My manager shows me it. And then puts it back into his cabinet...it never saw the light again!

But, I have seen some students who swear by it. 

What do you use?

@mpcdesign wrote:

@ShawnC13, yes am an artist but, this is what I have 

Computer = MacBook

Phone = Android

Tablet = Amazon Fire

Streaming = Chromecast

So, no iPhone, or iPad nor Apple TV!

@mpcdesign  that is very impressive than it truly is your work platform.  It is to bad the Microsoft Surface Studio didn't get as big as I thought it could have.  Have you used one?  https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/surface-studio-2/8SBJXM0M58T4?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 , am so frugal with myself, only the cheapest stuff for me!?

Apple products are costly to be honest with you!

@ShawnC13, yes am an artist but, this is what I have 

Computer = MacBook

Phone = Android

Tablet = Amazon Fire

Streaming = Chromecast

So, no iPhone, or iPad nor Apple TV!

@mpcdesign wrote:

Wow, I must have missed all that!? No slowness or issues on my end. Granted, I do on a daily basis clear all my cache, cookies and browser history on my phone or MacBook do things can hum along smoothly.v

Maybe try that.

But, don't forget, the whole country is working from home 75% that is, while the rest is essential services.

@mpcdesign oh you artsy types with all the fancy apple products lol

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@arlolior in the first week it was fine, like three weeks ago. This week it has been a bit brutal. So maybe maintenance is due soon. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Wow, I must have missed all that!? No slowness or issues on my end. Granted, I do on a daily basis clear all my cache, cookies and browser history on my phone or MacBook do things can hum along smoothly.v

Maybe try that.

But, don't forget, the whole country is working from home 75% that is, while the rest is essential services.

@ten2goYou might have nailed it there....mine would slow my internet to a crawl sometimes. Thankfully I don't need it anymore.

ten2go

I had a thought, in case it might be helpful to anyone else with a similar challenge.

It might be my VPN because the server is in NJ and not in Canada.  Perhaps PM has filters for robots or spam that may cause the freeze-up problem.  It happened again just now with only one tab open.

ten2go

ten2go

Just another interesting conundrum in the wonderful world of computers.

ten2go

@ten2go

You are doing everything right so a little strange that it's not responding...i have reinstalled Firefox in the past which helped. Sometimes it's just glitchy for the day.

ten2go

Thank you for your reply.

It started with a temporary freeze when I tried a reply an hour ago.

Only with PM and it should not have been too busy at 5:30 a.m. eastern.

I only use Firefox private browsing, so it is clean and cleaned every time I go out.

Also, use CCleaner almost every time and shut down when I'm finished my internet time two or three times a day.

So it is a mystery to me.

ten2go

@ten2go 

I have issues creep up every once in awhile. Close all your tabs and clear the browser history and reboot.

ten2go

Thank you @computergeek541 that is probably right.  I use Firefox and usually have at least a half a dozen tabs on the go - which was the case the first time.  The last two times only a couple of tabs open.  It is an older computer but more than enough ram for everything else.  A text forum shouldn't be too CPU intensive in my other experience.  I will have to check the CPU usage - currently below 10% with spikes into the 20's.  Thanks again.

ten2go

@ten2go wrote:

Yes - Has anyone else had their computer freeze up while on this site? Three times now and I can't remember the last time I have had a computer freeze but I am old enough to remember the green screen of death when it happened to old computers.

You're probably look at either a web browser software issue or that the Public Mobile website is rather CPU intensive that your computer can't keep up.

ten2go

Yes - Has anyone else had their computer freeze up while on this site? Three times now and I can't remember the last time I have had a computer freeze but I am old enough to remember the green screen of death when it happened to old computers.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The only issue I have been having is people can't seem to reach the mods when they need them, and I get messages from the mods periodically for no apparent reason (it looks like they are responding to another member's issue but for some reason it goes to me.) Happened again today, and a few times in the past couple of months. Otherwise the website has always worked fine for me.

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No problems here. I am using Firefox.

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@arlolior wrote:

Anyone else experiencing PM's website break when they try and access the Community?

Every so often, for me, it won't load or it will only partially load, sometimes the links are broken or incorrect (I tried clicking on My Account and it took me to PM's Youtube).

I haven't experience the my account page redirects to YouTube, but I do experience slowness.

Sometimes, when you have multiple account pages open up, I experience some slowness.

Also, brower extensions like Adblocker, uOrigin, Ghostery mine also impact the performance as well as certain JavaScript loading.

Try a different brower, or incognito mode and see if it remediates the issue.

arlolior

@Lieux wrote:

Yes @arlolior it's the same for me...patience will help!!!

patience I can manage, I'm just glad I'm not the only one and something else isn't wrong with my computer lol... 🙂

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Yes @arlolior it's the same for me...patience will help!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.