cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Cell Phone APP ?

Milk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are there plans to create a PM Cell Phone APP ?

10 REPLIES 10

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Triguy wrote:

PM will send text messages when you reach 75%, 95%, and 100% data limit.

The article referenced mentions 100% notification, but in my experience, I've never received such an SMS; only the 75% and 95%.  At 100%, it just stops working!

@JackQuint wrote:

You do realize that they already have the app fully developed. It's called "MyTelus". All they need to do to offer it to PM and Koodo customers is change the hex codes for colour, a couple of server addresses in the code, and the logos. About an hour's work for a developer.

Actually the old Koodo app was just that -- a re-skinned version of the MyTelus app.  I was familiar with both.  And Koodo abandoned the app in favour of a mobile-friendly website.  Making the self-serve portal mobile-friendly would be a worthwhile investment for PM to pursue, since they've increased visibility/advertising, and are probably bringing in more customers.

Since Telus acquired PM back in the day, I would imagine that the PM backend and billing system might be different enough from Telus or Koodo that it's not just an hour's work.  I could be wrong, but it's probably a case of needing to develop new APIs, interfacing with them, perform integration testing, etc.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MandyJ wrote:

Personally, I'd much prefer a cheaper plan than being on the hook for potential cost increases to cover the development/maintenance fees for a Public Mobile App.

You do realize that they already have the app fully developed. It's called "MyTelus". All they need to do to offer it to PM and Koodo customers is change the hex codes for colour, a couple of server addresses in the code, and the logos. About an hour's work for a developer.

In other words, there is no real cost to Telus to provide an app for Koodo or PM customers. The reason for making mobile interaction with PM difficult is to drive you to their more expensive brands.

PM will send text messages when you reach 75%, 95%, and 100% data limit.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-data-usage/ta-p/152760

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Personally, I'd much prefer a cheaper plan than being on the hook for potential cost increases to cover the development/maintenance fees for a Public Mobile App.

@zork1984  An SMS short code does sound like a good idea though. Is that something that Public Mobile already offers? I'm new, so I don't know all the features yet lol... 🙂

zork1984
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If the app is just showing what I can see on its web site, then I don't want it.  I generally don't see appeal of individual company app clustering on my phone.  In the case of PM, I rather have a SMS short code that I can send and get back my account status such as amount of data used, next payment day etc.  For stuffs that is usually done often (eg change plan), I am perfectly fine to just log in their web site.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

lol they cant even fix the bugs in their current system so I hope they don't try an app, I can only imagine the problems lol

emad
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unlikely to happen anytime soon. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Milk , I can say with good confidence there's zero plans to produce a Public Mobile app.  Koodo doesn't have an app.  Telus would deliver an app to Koodo before doing so for their third tier service. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I have seen people inquire/post  about it on the forum but I don't think PM will develop one.  PM is a third tier provider so they probably would not invest the time and money to develop one.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Milk wrote:

Are there plans to create a PM Cell Phone APP ?

@Milk  Many have asked in the past but if I had to guess the answer is no or not for a long time.

Need Help? Let's chat.