cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM App

tcopes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have only read a few posts so far. Has there been any discussion of a public mobile app? Does that defeat the purpose of the Public Mobile service

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

@tcopes wrote:

I have only read a few posts so far. Has there been any discussion of a public mobile app? Does that defeat the purpose of the Public Mobile service

There are no official apps, but there is a data monitoring app written my a community member for Android, Data Witness, available in the Google Play store.  I use it for looking at my cycle usage as I'm on a 90 day plan.

@tcopes it was written by Public Mobile community member @IWIK, and he provides it for free to Public Mobile customers:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@tcopes wrote:

There are no official apps, but there is a data monitoring app written my a community member for Android, Data Witness, available in the Google Play store.  I use it for looking at my cycle usage as I'm on a 90 day plan.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I don't think there is even a Koodo app anymore, it's been moved to just a mobile-friendly self serve site. 

tcopes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can live with switching to the laptop to check my PM account. As conveniet as an app would be, keeping the fees as low as they are may not be worth it. Easy to get carried away with the conveniece others offer, but at a higher price. I'll stick with how it is.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@tcopes  there's no app so far, you can search the community! A few weeks ago there was someone that said he was gonna make one 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM probably would not devote the time and resources to develop one.  There was a post a few weeks ago from a graduate student who was in the process to develop one but probably would take sometime as they were doing it as a side project.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@tcopes 

Has been discussed in community forum over the years.  Never been a formal announcement of development of App.  

Since Public mobile is a no frills, lower tier mobile company, I doubt that there will be one in the near future.  

Need Help? Let's chat.