cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP. I AM TRYING TO REACTIVATE MY PHONE PLAN, BUT RECEIVING ERROR MESSAGE.

jimbrosburrito
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PLEASE HELP. I AM TRYING TO REACTIVATE MY PHONE PLAN, AND CLICKING ON

'AMOUNT DUE' (which is $15.00) BUT, I END UP RECEIVING ERROR MESSAGE SAYING...

'Unable to Process Transaction'
"Sorry, your credit card was declined by your card provider, so this purchase could not be completed. Contact your card provider for more information. Please note this can result when multiple payments are made too close together.

I'VE ALREADY CALLED MY BANK PROVIDER, AND THEY SAY NOTHING IS WRONG WITH MY ACCOUNT, I HAVE ENOUGH FUNDS IN MY ACCOUNT TO COMPLETE THE PURCHASE, & THERE IS NO REASON WHY I SHOULD BE RECIEVEING AN ERROR MESSAGE.

thanks

9 REPLIES 9

jjfavell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

attempt to top up through your phone.  its likely a computer glitch  not recognizing your card.  It sounds like a bank issued visa/mastercard debit and those cards can sometimes have issues.  a moderator can manually enter the information for you and sometimes that helps.  good luck.  cheers .  

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@jimbrosburrito 

My question for this mess would be, are you attempting to use a credit card, or a debit card?

The reason I ask, is because of the following things you said in the 1st post:

" I END UP RECEIVING ERROR MESSAGE SAYING...

'Unable to Process Transaction'
"Sorry, your credit card was declined by your card provider, so this purchase could not be completed."

AND.....

"I'VE ALREADY CALLED MY BANK PROVIDER, AND THEY SAY NOTHING IS WRONG WITH MY ACCOUNT, I HAVE ENOUGH FUNDS IN MY ACCOUNT TO COMPLETE THE PURCHASE"

The 1st statement sounds like you're using a credit card, but the 2nd one, when referring to "nothing wrong with my account", and "I have enough funds in my account", SOUND as though you're referring to attempting to use a debit card. Was the 2nd statement just an unfortunate choice of wording, or were you actually trying to pay with a debit card?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jimbrosburrito  Go into your Payments tab and select the one-time payment option. Instead of selecting the amount automatically generated select  the enter custom amount option. Enter $15 and hit the enter button twice. Did it work?

@jimbrosburrito was your credit card charged ? If not, log out,  wait for an hour clear your browser history, go to incognito/private mode and try again. If the problem persists contact a moderator and explain your situation . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen .This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

Can you log into my account ?  Log in and manually apply payment through . Then use the reactivate account option .

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try to clear your browsing history and use incognito mode. This usually solves the problem. Same happend to me and I could solve the problem that way.

Also double check your payment address that is associated with your card. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can always purchase a prepaid voucher in the interim.

KA100
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If your address from your bank is different than your credit card it will be declined. Both addresses must be identical no variation.

gail709
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If there is nothing wrong with your card why don't you try getting out of the site altogether and going back in again.  It could just be a glitch.  Let us know what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.