Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLAN WAS NOT UPDATED

oshax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I was previously on the 

$120 90 day, Unlimited province wide calling, Canada Text, 4GB Data.

When the new plans were out I went through Self serve to change my plan on the next renewal date.

That date was today and funds have been charged to my card.

Problem is that it still shows me on the same old plan.

Here is the plan I was expecting:

90 day, Province-wide calling, Global text, 6GB Data

Please help.

28 REPLIES 28

Mayellah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ha... Yes 😉
Thanks
All fixed now!!! 

Mayellah

IT'S BEEN FIXED!!! MOD team is awesome!!!
Thanks everyone for all your help!!!
This newb is up and running properly now!!!

@Mayellah wrote:

All unauthorized texts were sent to 474663
6:53
6:54
8:13

8:26

8:27

8:28

8:42

8:56

9:11

You can transfer this information to the moderator here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 And patience waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mayellah wrote:

Again...this is not about Public Mobile. That is your phone doing some initial set up with iMessage and iCloud and whatnot.

Mayellah

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mayellah wrote:

Maybe figure out the money and then figure out your data. Something doesn't look right with that anyway. Unless you bought a data add-on while on the $10 plan...the $10 plan doesn't include data. Unless you're wanting to do picture messaging.

Edit: Since you've figured out screenshots...maybe post one of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

Edit again: And since this looks like an iphone...have a look here.

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

If your phone isn't there maybe these might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Mayellah

This is what it currently isThis is what it currently is

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mayellah 

A couple things:

The "unauthorized texts" are not Public Mobile. They're your phone doing some initial set up.

So you started out with the $10 plan and then ported...did the port finish successfully?

Then you seemed to have intended to change immediately to the $25 plan. Is the $25 in your Available Funds? As already mentioned, if you successfully change to a different plan before the original plan ends then you would lose the $10 you had already paid and there are no refunds or pro-rating here.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mayellah 

You actually selected the newplan and the funds arent just in your balance?(had to ask😀)

Mayellah

Yup... But was already charged the $25 

Metal1967

@Mayellah 

Does your self serve still show you are on the 10$ plan?

Mayellah

I don’t sleep... 😂

And these issues don’t help!!! Once my plan is updated to the $25, I won’t have to worry. 

sunflowershine

@Mayellah wrote:

Really? Sending unauthorized texts? Hope my plan gets rectified soon!!!

@Mayellah You go to your Account and check your status and what plan that you are currenting in. Don't panic. Just wait and get rest soon. 

Just a recommendation: There are free apps online that you can call and text within North America for FREE. I like TextNow for it covers all areas within Canada (Fongo doesn't). You have a unique number and voicemail too. But you have to use it with wifi or data. I saved a lot of money while using them. 

Mayellah

Really? Sending unauthorized texts? Hope my plan gets rectified soon!!!

sunflowershine

@Mayellah wrote:

I bought my SIM $10 in store

I activates a $10 plan ( to Make sure I got service ) prior to porting my number. 

Once I saw I had service, I ported my number and changed my plan to $25 .

I was charged for both plans. 

@Mayellah You need to set up your APN in order to use your data. Click the following link and select the android phone or iPhone model: 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=apn

Welcome to PM! Good night...

Mayellah

I bought my SIM $10 in store

I activates a $10 plan ( to Make sure I got service ) prior to porting my number. 

Once I saw I had service, I ported my number and changed my plan to $25 .

I was charged for both plans. 

Metal1967

@Mayellah 

What plan did you change to?..being charged again iswhat happens on an immediate plan change..as for used texts phones send messages to apple and google once they register on a new service

sunflowershine

@sunflowershine wrote:

@Mayellah wrote:

I had a $10 plan as I just signed up and wanted to make sure I got service. Within 15 minutes of porting my old number, I changed plans and was charged. However that update doesn’t show on my account. 

Also, my text message usage is blowing up and I haven’t even used 1 outgoing yet... 

@Mayellah Seems that you just newly activated your SIM and make a payment first, Because you tried to port your old number, you are charged $10 again. Is that right?

@Mayellah You may want to contact the Moderator to see if they can give you a refund for that. You can simply click on the envelop icon (beside your sign-in logo) and send to "Moderator_Team". There is no guarantee. Sometimes the porting may take up to 2 days. You may be able to call out and texting. So you can keep your old SIM to receive call. 

sunflowershine

@Mayellah wrote:

I had a $10 plan as I just signed up and wanted to make sure I got service. Within 15 minutes of porting my old number, I changed plans and was charged. However that update doesn’t show on my account. 

Also, my text message usage is blowing up and I haven’t even used 1 outgoing yet... 

@Mayellah Seems that you just newly activated your SIM and make a payment first, Because you tried to port your old number, you are charged $10 again. Is that right?

Mayellah

sunflowershine

@Mayellah wrote:

I’m having issues too with my plan. Can anyone help? 

Thanks

@Mayellah What is your problem?

Mayellah

I’m having issues too with my plan. Can anyone help? 

Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That's great news, thanks for the update

clubie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @Saray_O! All good now!

Saray_O

Hi @clubie

I'm sorry about that. I have changed your plan for you! Could you reboot your phone so it recognizes the change? 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Just in case @Mary_M isn't in tomorrow I'll also tag @Saray_O
Should be a quick fix, I'm sorry you experienced this issue.

clubie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same issue here! I've PM'd you Mary-M

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @oshax

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Sorry to hear that your new plan change did not take effect. Don't worry, I have activated the new one!. Simply reboot your device and view your self-serve account; everything should be in order.

Do not hesitate to send me a message if you have any other inquiries.

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Need Help? Let's chat.