cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged and promised a credit but never received

Rajg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

So I was accidentally overcharged By public mobile admitted it and said they would refund the $150 but it has been almost two months and I have not received anything. I don’t have another two hours to wait on the phone to call on again, anyway to resolve this with public mobile online?

14 REPLIES 14

Rajg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be reaching out to a moderator team shortly. I have yet to receive anything with respect to the refund. I’ve a confirmation number when the refund was first initiated so I’ll use that as proof if somehow 2 months isn’t enough to get this done. 

angeliquem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rajg wrote:

Hello,

So I was accidentally overcharged By public mobile admitted it and said they would refund the $150 but it has been almost two months and I have not received anything. I don’t have another two hours to wait on the phone to call on again, anyway to resolve this with public mobile online?

It's almost a week now, I'm wondering if you got a response from the mods and if your problem was resolved?

angeliquem

@Rajg wrote:

Hello,

You can private message @CS_Agent and in the message include all the necessary information like your account number, phone number, name, PIN#. They will reply within 72 hours and they may ask for some screenshots of the charge on your credit card bill as proof. I was asked to do that, but afterwards, there were no questions asked and I was credited back all the extra charges I was given.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rajg wrote:

Hello,

How did you agree to the refund? I think its pretty simple, to just send a message to the moderator team here and remind them of whatever the agreement was. Send a message to moderator team. Click this to send them a message  They will fix it for you or explain whats happening (if a cheque will be maileD)

Did you specifically ask for a refund, or did you agree to a credit to your Available balance, which may have been used to renew you plan one, or multiple times?

If a refund is granted, large companies generally take about 2 months to send a chèque.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

If there's agreement on a refund and then doing a charge back isn't right.  You can't be working on two remedies for the same problem.  

Oh I agree with that. This matter is about time. The OP has done all that he can and has demonstrated great patience with the company. How long must he wait to exhaust a remedy before he moves to another remedy?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Rajg wrote:

Hello,

I am wondering who and how you were talking to a PM person on the phone?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ashleyb

I would suggest reaching out to the moderators. They are the only ones able to do anything or look into this to find out why you have not recieved your refund yet. Hopefully they can get you the answers you need!

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I would not recommend that.  It could result in impact to the credit rating, especially when a refund has been agreed to.  Based on my experience with carriers, they are great at taking the customer's money but they are not well equipped to give it back.  It may be that their volume of refunds is not that great and they just don't have efficient processes.  The last refund I got was with Wind Mobile.  It was almost 3 months but the refund cheque did arrive in the mail. 

Interesting. I've never heard of a chargeback impacting ones credit rating.

I have done two in my life. Once from a restaurant. Another from an airline.

I think 3 months is appalling. I think a month is bad. If the company can show how it's inching through their system then MAYBE I could wait. But like with this place...complete silence leaves the customer wondering what is taking so long.

If there's agreement on a refund and then doing a charge back isn't right.  You can't be working on two remedies for the same problem.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

I would not recommend that.  It could result in impact to the credit rating, especially when a refund has been agreed to.  Based on my experience with carriers, they are great at taking the customer's money but they are not well equipped to give it back.  It may be that their volume of refunds is not that great and they just don't have efficient processes.  The last refund I got was with Wind Mobile.  It was almost 3 months but the refund cheque did arrive in the mail. 

Interesting. I've never heard of a chargeback impacting ones credit rating.

I have done two in my life. Once from a restaurant. Another from an airline.

I think 3 months is appalling. I think a month is bad. If the company can show how it's inching through their system then MAYBE I could wait. But like with this place...complete silence leaves the customer wondering what is taking so long.

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rajg wrote:

Hello,

Is it possibly in your Available Funds?

If not then I would have long since done a credit card chargeback with the credit card company. Keep what correspondences you have as proof to the credit card company that you have done what you can with the service provider. It'll take yet another while to resolve though.

Totally agree, horrible idea! Patience is key, and if it's still not there in some time, to check with the mods again.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rajg wrote:

Hello,

If not then I would have long since done a credit card chargeback with the credit card company. Keep what correspondences you have as proof to the credit card company that you have done what you can with the service provider. It'll take yet another while to resolve though.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Rajg wrote:

Hello,

If they said they would, then I am sure they will. The moderator team is pretty busy so it might have just got lost between the cracks but they are very good here. And yes you can definitly resolve this online, by contacting the moderator team. Click this to send them a message. Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details.

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT) 

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rajg wrote:

Hello,

Need Help? Let's chat.