cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overage on LTE

bd23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I'm very new to PM still, just want to clarify overages. I saw on my phone in a certain area today that I had LTE, yet I only paid for 3G data on my plan. I have autopay set up so I didn't think it would, but can I be billed for this come next term? I found in my phone where I can turn off LTE so it's off now just in case, but if I'm not billed for it can I turn it back on and use LTE in certain areas and not be billed?

Thanks

Ben

6 REPLIES 6

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is a prepaid service so you won't be charge what you didn't pay for upfront. 

Wafik
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bd23 I'll just add that you should turn LTE back on your phone to provide better coverage, etc.  As others have said, you never have to worry about overages with a prepaid service.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bd23 I think you've gotten the answers you needed already.  I thought I'd just point out that this is actually noted on the plan selection page, in note 4 in the footnotes, where it says:

"Plans with 4G LTE data can access maximum LTE download speeds (manufacturer rated at up to 750 Mbps; expected average speeds 12-200 Mbps). Plans with 3G data may reach download speeds of up to 2.5 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network."

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The switching between a LTE and 3G connection is being reported by the phone.  The so called 3G speed plans have throttling applied so that regardless of the connection, the speed maxes out at 2.5 mbits/s.

R47
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

To my understanding, on the 3G Public Mobile plans, you are connected to the LTE network, but your speeds are just throttles to 2.5mbps. So even if your phone is connected to LTE, you're still using your 3G plan. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

3g is misleading. PM's 3g is actually LTE slowed down to 2.5mbps.

Also you can never be charged extra as you buy first then use.

Need Help? Let's chat.