cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over was over charge how can I get my refund??

anacatalinabern
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello my name is Kathy and and the month of octuber of this year. I was charge twice for my cellphone and on top of that I can't used my data and I don't know why it is kind of frustrating when you can not talk to a human been 😭😭😭

11 REPLIES 11

@anacatalinabern 

To start....please don't feel you're being treated unfairly by public mobile. Every single one of us would suffer the same fate if we don't pay for the service first.  I strongly suspect that you may have paid for your service twice by adding funds to your account and that's where it sits in your account waiting for a human to come long and and put those funds to work. Until that happens it will just sit there in your account twiddling its thumbs

If you prefer not share your account info in regards to your data usage, whether your account is even active....and your transaction history to determine what funds have been added or not. You can discuss it with a moderator. They will be happy to explain what means what in your account and add data for you, help reactivate your service or many other account related  matters. Getting help from the community is not mandatory....you just need to reach out by either method of communication to accomplish this but I'm going to suggest only one.

Contact them via private message, add Moderator_team in the send bar, put " need data service and overpaid" in the subject bar and leave a detailed message outlining the issues you are experiencing. Make sure you include the following information for account verification.

1. Full name and address on your account 

2. Email, pin # and phone #.

If you don't remember your pin # include at least 3 of the following:

1. Last payment, amount, date, type and last 4 digits.
  2. Alternate phone # if any.
  3. Date of birth.
  4. Plan amount, recent changes, any add ons on account.
  5. Security question and answer. 
  6. Frequently called/texted numbers.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Wait times average 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent requests.

@anacatalinabern wrote:

Before hand I want to thank you for you replay how I can contact the moderator.because  I do not see any technical support at all .I guess this is it my last month with them adont have any data since the 25 of November .if a miss one day without paying they cut my line with no delay !but me no reembourment and no data It's not fair at all.

you have no data since Nov 25?  you mean last year 2019?  or typo..  that's long time ago if last year and you still usng their horrible service. 🙂

@anacatalinabern 

Public Mobile is known as Prepaid service. That means you pay for a term such as 30 days and that’s what you get. They don’t carry you through a couple of days delay in paying because you didn’t have a credit check when you signed up so they don’t have any way to hold you to paying. It isn’t like your expiring account came up for review and they said “cut her off”, its all automatic, the 30 days you purchased ended and they then wait to see if you choose to buy another 30 days at some point. Customers who want to use this as an ongoing service either have to remember to always have funds for the next renewal sitting in their account OR they register a credit card to be charged every 30 days.

Prepaid works well for people who may let service go for a week or two or more before renewing again for 30 days so these people would not be happy to find out that Public Mobile kept service going and now they expect to be paid for the unwanted service.

You sound like you want/need Postpaid cell service with a credit check and generally higher overall fees. But PM’s Prepaid service works very well for those of us that fully understand how the service works.

AE_Collector

anacatalinabern

Thank you kindly.

anacatalinabern

Before hand I want to thank you for you replay how I can contact the moderator.because  I do not see any technical support at all .I guess this is it my last month with them adont have any data since the 25 of November .if a miss one day without paying they cut my line with no delay !but me no reembourment and no data It's not fair at all.

Lynnj238
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have always been able to solve my problems by contacting a mod. They reply within 2h usually and are very helpful no matter the problem. Very good service, I recommend 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@anacatalinabern wrote:

Hello my name is Kathy and and the month of octuber of this year. I was charge twice for my cellphone and on top of that I can't used my data and I don't know why it is kind of frustrating when you can not talk to a human been 😭😭😭

Hi @anacatalinabern , so you have two questions:

Check your SELF SERVE Account, is there any data left showing on your overview page, if not, than it is all used up until your next cycle renews. Or you can buy an addon, until your renewal.

If you DO have data left showing on your SELF SERVE Account, try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

As @HALIMACS posts the dates are significant on this 2 payments in October. There is a possibility to have two payments made in the month of October, as Public Mobile are 30-day plans (not monthly).

Or did you renew your plan early during the month of October? Or purchase any addons?

If you could provide more dets., that may be helpful. Thanks

Have you been a customer for quite a few years... back to when Public Mobile HAD telephone call centre support? If you are quite new customer you didn't read that all support here is online before you signed up?

AE_Collector

@anacatalinabern 

We need a little more info from you to help figure out what is going on......

1. When is/was your renewal? Which plan are you on?
  2. Have you ever had your data working? Are you able to send/recieve MMS?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone?
  4. Can you access your self serve account?

Answering these questions can help us figure out your "double" payment issue and your inability to use your data. We will await your response.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@anacatalinabern  What date did you activate Public Mobile?  Can you specify which exact dates you were charged and the amounts you were charged?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@anacatalinabern wrote:

Are you able to post a screenshot of your payment history?  Remember Public mobile is 30 days not monthly billing so if you paid on October 1st you would be Paying again I would have thought tomorrow, but who knows

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.