cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over-charged might be scammed?

gioangelino
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Public Mobile Community,

I am posting this to raise an awareness, in case you're not informed. This is the second time that public mobile have charged me over than my monthly plan. 

December 2020- I was just charge $450 instead of $40 for no reason. The transaction have said that I purchased a data which I was not even informed. (This case was resolved)

January 2021- I am being charge an amount of $7,336 instead of $25 for no 'transaction reason'.

I have filled a complain privately to the moderators to take an action, and yesterday I have received a mobile message from person that she claimed she work at public mobile and owned a Huawei spy network and have been spying my iphone (Absurd if I must say)

Since I received that message I have follow up my request upon reversing the amount that have been wrongfully charge to me.

Please be ware of this uncertainty and report it right away.

Thank you Public Community!

60 REPLIES 60

@gioangelino wrote:

Here are the entire transactions:

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 11.14.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-19 at 11.14.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-19 at 11.14.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-19 at 11.14.54 AM.png

@gioangelino  - WOW, this is ridiculous, I am so sorry this is happening to you.

I hope you hear back ASAP from Moderators / Public Mobile.

😡

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gioangelino : Jeez..I hope they don't drag you past your statement date.

gioangelino

I totally agreed on that, I have contacted my credit card company right away and requested to block the card and reverse the amount right away. Unfortunately, I have been told that since I'm associated with PM, I still need to contact them and wait for their response. I am totally calm and handling it well but it is surely unsettling knowing that it is credit card fraud and knowingly that the CC company have seen the transaction it should have been taken care this instant and not wait for the network to confirm the illegal transactions that happened in my account.

Funny how I was charged with this amount, with a $25 monthly plan. Thanks for the kind words! I still haven't received response with the PM team, it has been 45 hours to be exact.

@gioangelino 

How very upsetting and unsettling for you. You are handling this with grace and calm and I applaud you for that. How this has managed to continue without triggering a fraud alert by your credit card issuer or public mobile's payment system is very worrisome. This needs to be investigated by both your card issuer and pm's technical support team as it has broken so many of defaults that programmed into the system.

I would leave the card on file for the investigation but cancel it and have your bank(?) issue a new card but you can have it sent to your branch for pick up in three business days.You can keep the cancelled card on your account for the autopay reward but I would start to pay with vouchers for the time being. Please keep us updated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe the gato had its paw on the enter key. 🙂 Interesting how there was an initial $20 then mostly $150 but a few $100 scattered.

with $7000 on the line..I hope the moderator would response to his enquiry today and arrange refund ASAP..  I don't think any  of us would like that much money on hold by our wireless provider.

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Agreed.  The good news is that most (if not all?) major credit cards have 100% fraud protection.

https://www.cpacanada.ca/en/news/canada/2019-12-06-credit-card-fraud

@gioangelino wrote:

I know man the transactions were crazy!!!

@gioangelino I know this was already mentioned, but I would be having words with my CC company on why their AI fraud detection did not kick in. I have had my CC declined when I made the same location POS purchase within 2 mins.

gioangelino

I know man the transactions were crazy!!!

@gioangelino wrote:

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 11.14.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-19 at 11.14.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-19 at 11.14.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-19 at 11.14.54 AM.png

@gioangelino Dude! That's insane!

@gioangelino wrote:

Yes Honestly I have contacted my credit card already and they claimed that the transactions were really odd. I will have to contact the dispute team now since I can't get ahold of the moderatos here in PM.

if you call you CC again, you should demand an explanation.. they just shouldn't let this happen and let you pay or deal with it.

as to PM, their SLA is just within 48 hours, so you might have to wait.  Make sure to check your inbox (the envelope on top) 

gioangelino

Yes Honestly I have contacted my credit card already and they claimed that the transactions were really odd. I will have to contact the dispute team now since I can't get ahold of the moderatos here in PM.

so many $150 transactions

this is truly scary.. i think you have to call your credit card, too.. usually they wont let a reoccurring charge (and so many) to happen without stopping your card or declining all those transaction after..

i had 2 back to back transactions from the same store in less than 5 mins, i already got a notification reminding that it might be duplicated.  I would think they would stop this completely after seeing 10 transactions of exactly same amount from the same source

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@gioangelino wrote:

I have received a mobile message from person that she claimed she work at public mobile and owned a Huawei spy network and have been spying my iphone (Absurd if I must say)

haha.. why would someone claim to work in PM and say owned a Huawei spy network?  

I think this lady message might be unrelated with your transactions issue.. and this lady might be following the Community and try to get as much info to make her sound real and start messaging people if she can get a hold of the numbers.

gioangelino

gioangelino

Haha no vindictive ex, but me- myself couldn't decipher their motives for this. To the fact that im only with PB for $25 monthly plan. And receiving a text message from an unknown person saying that they took away $7K and own 'huawei spy network' and been watching my phone. They could expose my search history, if they desire to watch alot of documentaries. 

gioangelino

Thanks for clarifying that and I have changed my login information already. I will just have to wait to the moderator team to put an action to my request. 

Thank you all! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe post a screen snip of your overview page and a couple pages of your Payment history (here not payment card). Blank out personal info of course.

You can change the date range for further back.

If someone is in your account and charging these amounts from your card, what're they gonna do with it? So maybe you have a massive Available Funds. Or maybe you have a gajillion gb's of data now. Which is why we had asked if your services were working. You said they are. So why would anyone do this? To what end?

Vindictive ex?

@gioangelino wrote:

I can't go back further anymore, but I am totally confused on what is happening, for PM has charge my CC already with that amount. 

@gioangelino , I assume that this is some sort of manual top up made to your account.  Autopay will only debit the amount needed for a single renewal.  If I were to guess what is happening here, somebody may have access to the account and is doing manual top ups.  Change the account login right away!  I wonder if Public Mobile can trace the origin of the logins to the self serve.  This type of forensic information might be useful to resolving this issue.  

gioangelino

I can't go back further anymore, but I am totally confused on what is happening, for PM has charge my CC already with that amount. 

@gioangelino wrote:

Sure here is a screenshot of the payment transation in PM self-serve.

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 10.43.06 AM.png

@gioangelino Can you go further back? To the point that the 7 grand shows up? They haven't charged your credit card that total right?

gioangelino

Sure here is a screenshot of the payment transation in PM self-serve.

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 10.43.06 AM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@419mainstreet wrote:

With my bank, even if the card is locked,  pre authorized payments still go through.

This isn't a pre-authorized payment merchant.

I think of these payment systems in a couple different ways.

This place I would refer to as a pull method. It goes to the payment card and pulls the money out.

The other like recurring payments or pre-authorized payments are push method. They push the money to the merchant.

But that's just me clarifying it in my head.

@419mainstreet wrote:

With my bank, even if the card is locked,  pre authorized payments still go through.

@419mainstreet I was under the impression that PM payments aren't considered pre authorized payments by banks as they are not monthly.

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@gioangelino wrote:

Yes it all of it is working perfectly fine. Till now I haven't received any response from the moderator team, and not gonna lie, i feel nervous right now.

@gioangelino My banking app allows me to go in and lock my card. Is this feasible until you get this sorted out? Or delete your card from your PM account for now? These are really odd transactions. Your banking shows them from PM? What does your transaction record in PM self serve show?

gioangelino

Yes it all of it is working perfectly fine. Till now I haven't received any response from the moderator team, and not gonna lie, i feel nervous right now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You might be interested in changing your username as that could very well be a piece of identity.

But wow. Are these actually PM charges? I would change your password in self-serve and change your credit card.

Are your services working normally?

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gioangelino wow that is crazy maybe it time for a new cc or phone company 

@gioangelino wrote:

I am posting this to raise an awareness, in case you're not informed. This is the second time that public mobile have charged me over than my monthly plan. 

December 2020- I was just charge $450 instead of $40 for no reason. The transaction have said that I purchased a data which I was not even informed. (This case was resolved)

January 2021- I am being charge an amount of $7,336 instead of $25 for no 'transaction reason'.

I have filled a complain privately to the moderators to take an action, and yesterday I have received a mobile message from person that she claimed she work at public mobile and owned a Huawei spy network and have been spying my iphone (Absurd if I must say)

Since I received that message I have follow up my request upon reversing the amount that have been wrongfully charge to me.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@gioangelino wrote:

@gioangelino WOW! Is your phone service working normally? Calls, texts, data?

Need Help? Let's chat.