cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over 48 hrs! No response.

Phil1983
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi,
I ported over from freedom mobile on Wednesday and have had no cell service since. No calls, texts or data. I've emailed moderators and tagged them in community post. Does anyone care? OR DO I HAVE TO START MAKING A SCENE?
10 REPLIES 10

@CanPark @Phil1983

Please do not forget that yesterday was Canada DAY so assume that no one was working.

Also they are working on first come first serve, so it depends on the queue in front of you.

Good luck

CanPark
Same situation to me.
Very frustrated.

Phil1983

Hi Will,

I do understant the service, thanks.  I've done everthing required in the activation process to the best of my knowledge.  As a result, I've had no cell service (calling, texting, or data) since Wednesday night after I ported from freedom.  I contacted the moderators on Friday(around 3pm) under the promise of a reply within 48hrs.  This is where the frustration lies. I'm sure you'd be frustrated if our situations were reversed.

kentnleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Phil1983 

are you sure you've entered the sim # corrected? if the port was successful, it would've registered your sim with the # you've entered when signing up.

if it was off by 1 digit, your port wont be successful thus the no calls/text/data.

i signed up yesterday and i had service within 15 minutes of signing up, abeit i was doing it late at night so traffic may be lighter than usual.

itimjob

Trust me, you will get a reply from them.

It can be a bit delay, but once they reply, your problem sloved immideatly if you sent all necessary information.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

You can always get Fongo to make and receive phone  calls via WIFI temporarily until your service is restaured.

This is an online forum, so venting off or making a scene is really not going to be noticed and won't help anyone or do anything. 

For now Enjoy the holiday /weekend and your issue will be resolved quicker then when thinking about it 24/7

@Phil1983 wrote:
Thank you for your response. It's just rather frustrating when there's no # to call and the website states I'll get a response in 24 to 48 hours. No cell service for me since I signed up Wednesday night. Not a good start!

Well, it isn't frustrating if you understand the service and know what you are getting into ahead of time.  It should be well understood that Public Mobile has no live chat, no 1-800 call centre.  Normally, the turnaround time for problems is really quick.  I am sure you have seen a lot of discussion about the backlog created by the ongoing promo.  No point in elevating the blood pressure.  It doesn't move the queue any faster.  In fact, it may seem slower. 

Phil1983
Thank you for your response. It's just rather frustrating when there's no # to call and the website states I'll get a response in 24 to 48 hours. No cell service for me since I signed up Wednesday night. Not a good start!

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @Phil1983

Making a scene won't help! I apologize about the delay but we answer every message on a first come first served basis. We should get to your message within the next 24 hours 🙂

I'm sorry for any inconveniences this may cause, thank you for your patience. 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The moderators are rather backlogged at the moment servicing not just your failed activation/port but others as well.  If you have already contacted them, your request is in the queue.  Be aware that we are on a holiday weekend, just be patient for a little longer. 

Need Help? Let's chat.