cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Web App Notifications

Villefranche
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I use Public Mobile for my smartphone phone and mobile network.  I get email notifications from my workplace via a web-based email system called "Outlook Web App". I receive notifications of incoming email messages to my gmail account from Public Mobile on my smart phone. TELUS and Bell subscribers can arrange to get notifications of incoming emails om the Outlook Web App, and I've been told that, because Public Mobile runs off the TELUS network, I should be able to get those notifications through my Public Mobile Account.  Is this the case, and if so how do I set it up?

Thanks in advance.

Simon Clews

2 REPLIES 2

Villefranche
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for your quick response. 

I wouldn't use OWA if I didn't have to.  My work involves communicating with sensitive private and personal information regarding clients and has been mandated for use by the organization I work for to comply with protection of privacy legislation.  That said, a possible solution has been suggested by my employer which initially looked like it might work.  Without getting into all the details, after changing the phone notification settings in OWA I did get an inital text message notification via my gmail account that the phone number has been successfully set up to send notifications to my phone when an email is received in my OWA inbox, but I didn't get that text notification when my office sent me a test email yesterday. That said, this feature is "nice to have" rathert than essential, so I'll work on this a bit more and if it doesn't work I will do without it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Villefranche wrote:

I use Public Mobile for my smartphone phone and mobile network.  I get email notifications from my workplace via a web-based email system called "Outlook Web App". I receive notifications of incoming email messages to my gmail account from Public Mobile on my smart phone.

@Villefranche  OWA is usually a front end to an Exchange server. Why not setup your work email as an Exchange account on your phone? Does your work not allow you to do that?

TELUS and Bell subscribers can arrange to get notifications of incoming emails om the Outlook Web App, and I've been told that, because Public Mobile runs off the TELUS network, I should be able to get those notifications through my Public Mobile Account. Is this the case, and if so how do I set it up?

Not that I know of. Again I don't understand why anyone would want to get email notifications via OWA when you can get the notifications via the smartphone native email client apps be it GMail or Outlook. Are you trying to use OWA on a laptop while using your device as a hotspot? 

Thanks in advance.

Simon Clews

Need Help? Let's chat.