cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Account, can't change/add new sim card

mistaliu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know I'll probably need mod help here but here it goes. I have an old account (I ported out during the 10gb holiday plan of 2017) that I can still login to but I can't change sim to active a new line again. Anything to do with plans/add-ons I get a generic error and I get nowhere. Also can't add any payment info either but I'm guessing that's because I don't have an active plan.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

I'm also surprised you have any access to the previous self-serve account.  The email is the unique identifier of the record, and when the account is deactivated, the email remains on the database, status inactive.

PM NEEDS to change how the unique identifier is defined, and make the email address non-unique in the database, or at least make the unique identifier based on multiple fields.

Assuming everyone has multiple email address is more than stupid these days.  If you have a Gmail (or GSuite controlled) account, you can use +newaccount or +newPM or whatever you want after <youralias>@gmail.com such as <youralias>+newaccont@gmail.com.

Note, it doesn't work with the password reset features, but they are currently working on a fix for that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mistaliu wrote:

Yes I can login to my old account. I tried with Chrome and incognito mode also gave old IE a shot too but I didn't get anywhere, trying to change anything meaningful either just didn't do anything or in the case of plans or sim it would give me a generic page error.

Can you change the email address on the profile page? Then send them a pm to change their internal email address of that "deactivated" account. Then you could use your preferred email address.

Of course that would change your login.

mistaliu

Yes I can login to my old account. I tried with Chrome and incognito mode also gave old IE a shot too but I didn't get anywhere, trying to change anything meaningful either just didn't do anything or in the case of plans or sim it would give me a generic page error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GinYVR wrote:

@mistaliuYour account is gone and your SIM card has be inactivated.. you would at least need a new SIM card.. on the safe side with a new email address. It was never officially stated that inactive old emails get null'ed from the database.

I'm just surprised that he can apparently log in to his old self-serve account. We get posts wondering why they can't log in. Oh...it's deactivated. But here's this guy saying he can log in.

@mistaliu: If you were to use Chrome or incognito/privacy mode I wonder if you can get any further.

mistaliu

Well ok, that's a pain. They should just remove them then. I'll fire up an another email and start again.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@mistaliuYour account is gone and your SIM card has be inactivated.. you would at least need a new SIM card.. on the safe side with a new email address. It was never officially stated that inactive old emails get null'ed from the database.

@mistaliu wrote:

I know I'll probably need mod help here but here it goes. I have an old account (I ported out during the 10gb holiday plan of 2017) that I can still login to but I can't change sim to active a new line again. Anything to do with plans/add-ons I get a generic error and I get nowhere. Also can't add any payment info either but I'm guessing that's because I don't have an active plan.

Thanks

When you ported out from Public Mobile to another carrier, your Public Mobile account was permanently closed.  To activate a new line, you have to start with a brand new account at https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

You might need to use a different e-mail address than you used last time.

Need Help? Let's chat.