cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls

JeffreyLIving
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had the same issues in the last 30 days, but now it is many people who have said when they call me it goes straight to voicemail.  Is this the Public Mobile aka Telus Network service expectations?  Is this how Telus represents their national brand with a blatant failure of the brand service?  Where they let others justify their failures?  

I am fed up and tired of the lack of service and resolution to the problem.  I have full reception, I am not out of the network, I am downtown surrounded by a million people.   I will not accept any lame excuses, justification, or reasons, I want Telus to take responsibility for there failures.  

I expect interaction with a senior Telus representative on a permanent solution to this problem, I will not engage with chatter or talk that goes nowhere.   I will not pay for a service that does not work!!!    

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JeffreyLIving ah!  Now, iPhone 6 and 6S both seem to have eventual intermittent antenna issues.  I have seen several people in the community have signal issues on a 6/6S after some time using the phone.  I would suggest that if you live near an Apple store, that you take it in for diagnostics.  The antenna connection can come loose and become itermittent--they should be able to diagnose that for you pretty quickly if it's the issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

JeffreyLIving

I am using an iPhone 6S and have used my phone on many other networks around the world.  

How to reset the connection?  Does anybody know how to reset the connection with the phone?  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JeffreyLIving wrote:

I expect interaction with a senior Telus representative on a permanent solution to this problem, I will not engage with chatter or talk that goes nowhere.  

@JeffreyLIving I fear your expectations are misaligned with the service you have purchased.  Public Mobile is the low-cost, self-service 3rd tier brand of Telus' family.  

@JeffreyLIving wrote:

I am pissed off and frustrated as I have been told by five friends/colleagues my phone is not working, how many more is this happening too that I am unaware of?  

@JeffreyLIving definitely understand the frustration!  What brand and model of phone are you using?  I used to have that trouble with my old 1st gen Moto X phone a lot.  I've rarely had any reports of people unable to reach me on the phones that replaced it (first OnePlus 3, now OnePlus 5T), though I've heard a couple of times that the call went right to my voicemail.

One thing you could try changing is you're phone's preferred network type.  Calls on PM (and any network that isn't using VoLTE) are handled by the 3G network.  For an incoming phone, the phone has to switch down from 4G LTE to 3G UMTS to take the call.  I've seen people mention here that sometimes a phone can't do this quick enough to respond to the incoming call request, and it gets routed to voicemail instead.  You could try forcing your phone to stay on 3G, which is usually called WCDMA or UMTS or HSPA.  If you're not sure, please post the options that show up in the preferred network type setting on your phone, similar to this:

Screenshot_20190109-111745.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

JeffreyLIving

That setting is off, I have looked at all settings trying to determine the problem, as I am still receiving some calls.  

JeffreyLIving

I am pissed off and frustrated as I have been told by five friends/colleagues my phone is not working, how many more is this happening too that I am unaware of?  

Thanks for the CCTS info.    

JeffreyLIving

How can you help?  I searched all my settings and final powered off my phone to reset, but the issue still persists.  Thanks for the link to the moderator.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JeffreyLIving, I must apologize, I got a good laugh out of your rant.  The fact that you are here suggests that you are still paying for a service that allegedly does not work for you.  Problem resolution begins with staying calm.  We all raise our blood pressure from time to time and when that happens, we are only venting the frustration and not in problem solving mode.  If you have an issue and do believe that your service provider is at fault, the CCTS can help.  Take a read of this knowledge base article and see if it applies to your situation.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/About-The-CCTS/ta-p/33309

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Have you checked that your phone is not set to Do Not Disturb? 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@JeffreyLIvingThere was only 1 other thread you created that you marked as solved so there were no other suggestions given.

You have mentioned a problem with reception even in a populated area. If you are still having the issue you may want to try a different phone. Sometimes there are issues either hardware or software with the phone that may cause this to happen even tho everything else may seem to be working as it should. Years ago I had a phone that had a similar issue. I would miss calls all the time but a soon as I switched to a new phone the issue was gone. When I switched back for testing purposes the same result occured. Something with that phone even after factory resetting and having network service it would randomly not accept calls. I first started to notice this because I would get a "missed call" notification from the carrier but I never missed a call, or see I got voicemail but no ring.

Before giving up try it, this is a good network and many people are satisifed here including myself. Your situation is not common.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

You won't get a senior Telus rep here

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JeffreyLIving

Sorry to say..but I dont think any senior telus reps monitor these threads...so...your only options are..message a moderator...or try your luck here for a solution...

Need Help? Let's chat.