cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not having any connection luck.

hangingkayaker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Spent 2 hours at the retailer who couldn't get a solid connection to the PM site to get me hooked up. All of my info was entered, an account created but no luck. I was given a temporary number, which shows up on my iphone. I can't change my number to the one I want to transfer from my old provider. When I tested the number, there were no issues with it, and there were no issues with it at the retailer. Six hours later, at home, when I try to change my number I get an unable to transfer phone number message.

Where do I go from here?

22 REPLIES 22

@hangingkayaker wrote:

Yes it is still in service.

If you are saying that your Telus sim card is still working then you will need the MODs to finish the port.

To Contact the Moderators click this link and describe in detail your situation.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@krazykiwi wrote:

@hangingkayaker wrote:

Cool, Did you try the lost/stolen trick?

If it's still in service it means that the port had not been completed. Was this a Telus corporate account you are trying port?

@hangingkayaker wrote:

Cool, Did you try the lost/stolen trick?

hangingkayaker

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you try login to your Telus acoount online and see if your phone is still in service @ Telus? I did a port out this morning and my phone line is already removed from Telus account. I never receive any SMS from Public Mobile on my porting status ...

@hangingkayaker wrote:

Yes the PM sim is in my phone.

No text message for successful transfer.

No message from a moderator.

Its been 48 hours. How do I find out my status? When will a moderator contact me?

Hi,

Can you confirm that your telus account was still active and in good standing? This is a must if you want to transfer a number out from that account.

If yes have you tried lost/stolen?

Login to self serve - Plan & add-ons - Lost/Stolen phone - Suspend service.
Logout and wait a few minutes then login and select found phone.
This will not blacklist your phone.

hangingkayaker

Yes the PM sim is in my phone.

No text message for successful transfer.

No message from a moderator.

Its been 48 hours. How do I find out my status? When will a moderator contact me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

@hangingkayaker wrote:

Just a quick question. This is my account page and it does have the phone number listed as the one I am trying to transfer over. Does this mean my porting of that number is pending?

In my case the number ported from Bell to PM almost instantly - Like I said in my earlier post - both numbers must be active in order to be able to port. ---Will cut and paste my previous response - ---------(((((Hi. In order to transfer a number from one provider to another BOTH numbers must be active. If you canceled your old number your out of luck but if you just haven’t renewed your old account you must do so before it will be allowed to port out to your new PM account. —- I’ve been there with my Bell prepaid account — what I did was to switch to the lowest monthly ($5) plan and then port the number to PM. )))))

My understanding is sorta kinda like that. The source service has to be active. But in the case of transferring during activation...the receiving service isn't active yet. In the case of transfering after activation it seems kinda obvious that the receiving service would be active.

BEER

@hangingkayaker wrote:

Just a quick question. This is my account page and it does have the phone number listed as the one I am trying to transfer over. Does this mean my porting of that number is pending?InkedCapture_LI.jpg

In my case the number ported from Bell to PM almost instantly - Like I said in my earlier post - both numbers must be active in order to be able to port. ---Will cut and paste my previous response - ---------(((((Hi. In order to transfer a number from one provider to another BOTH numbers must be active. If you canceled your old number your out of luck but if you just haven’t renewed your old account you must do so before it will be allowed to port out to your new PM account. —- I’ve been there with my Bell prepaid account — what I did was to switch to the lowest monthly ($5) plan and then port the number to PM. )))))

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hangingkayaker wrote:

Just a quick question. This is my account page and it does have the phone number listed as the one I am trying to transfer over. Does this mean my porting of that number is pending?InkedCapture_LI.jpg

Is the Public Mobile SIM in your phone? 

If so, did you receive a text message message saying 'Your transfer request has been completed successfully'? 

Have you heard back from the mods about your case?

hangingkayaker

BEER

@hangingkayaker wrote:

Thanks for the response. Chrome Incognito didn't work. I will contact the mods. I'm hoping the reason my number won't transfer is that it may be in the process of doing that already?

Hi. In order to transfer a number from one provider to another BOTH numbers must be active. If you canceled your old number your out of luck but if you just haven’t renewed your old account you must do so before it will be allowed to port out to your new PM account. —- I’ve been there with my Bell prepaid account — what I did was to switch to the lowest monthly ($5) plan and then port the number to PM. 

BEER

@hangingkayaker wrote:

Spent 2 hours at the retailer who couldn't get a solid connection to the PM site to get me hooked up. All of my info was entered, an account created but no luck. I was given a temporary number, which shows up on my iphone. I can't change my number to the one I want to transfer from my old provider. When I tested the number, there were no issues with it, and there were no issues with it at the retailer. Six hours later, at home, when I try to change my number I get an unable to transfer phone number message.

Where do I go from here?

Hi. In order to transfer a number from one provider to another BOTH numbers must be active. 

hangingkayaker

Surprisingly, I'm not really pissed off! I know what I signed up for so I can wait a bit longer for it to connect. Anything to get away from what I was paying.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It took my activation over 24 hours for the moderators and their engeneers to fix a glitch in the activations portal and get my account active with connection and repecption etc, it was fustrating wating, but it was worth the wait to switch to Public - the moderators fixed everything and they made sure I got all the discounts I applied for etc, no other company has no zones like Public, none of that home/away zone crap that taxes you for travelling or using data in all of canada etc, and never have to worry about going over the dollar amount in the plan you choose. 

I hope they fix your problem soon like they fixed mine:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Activated-Sim-over-3-hours-ago-still-...

If more people use Public it will force the other companies to have no roaming zones in canada like Public does, and hopefully lower cell plan prices for everyone, that why I telling everone I know to switch to Public - that and also they pay well for refering friends!  But even without the refer a friend rewards I'd be refering people to Public just on princeple alone.

hangingkayaker

Thanks for the response. Chrome Incognito didn't work. I will contact the mods. I'm hoping the reason my number won't transfer is that it may be in the process of doing that already?

hangingkayaker

thanks. I will contact the mods.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@hangingkayaker If your Telus account was closed or you owe money on it you can't move the phone number, you would need to work that out with them. If the account is still active and you don't owe anything, first try using Chrome in incognito mode, if it's still not working you will need to contact a moderator to transfer the number, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sandpublic

@hangingkayaker wrote:

Where do I go from here?

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. At this point the best thing to do is to send the moderators a message using the following link Just give them the Telus account# and the phone number and they should be able to initiate the number port for you 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hangingkayaker wrote:

Telus

Is it still active and working?

hangingkayaker

Telus

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hangingkayaker wrote:

Where do I go from here?

Which provider are you trying to transfer from?

Need Help? Let's chat.