cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No texting on current plan

jheezy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switch from an old plan to a new custom plan. Lately I've been getting "you've been sent a text but you need to have texting in your plan" messages, which I thought was a bug. Turns out that most people I text with are through Apple's system, and not SMS. So I've now realised that I either something went wrong, or I didn't select a text option.

Since the plans have all just changed, I have no way of verifying (by rebuilding/pricing a plan) if it was me or the system itself. Either way, I'm stuck with no text plan with about 2 months to go and I don't see any viable options to add it.

Is this something that I could get fixed (not sure the process)? I can I switch to another plan (or cancel) mid-stream without forfeiting 2 months of pre-pay?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Contact the PM Mods and let them handle the details.  I'm guessing they'll apply a credit to your account for the unused portion, if they can.

But once you do anything on Self-Serve it's a done deal which might be harder to correct.

And it looks like PM doesn't offer any 90-day Plan options any more... If your Plan is legacy/grandfathered then it might now be impossible to change anything without losing it. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@jheezyThere is no way to switch mid stream without forfeiting 2 months of pre-pay. That's part of the Terms of Service.

If you are on an iPhone then you can contact everyone via Messages because that uses data to communicate.

I guess you will need to figure out if changing is worth it.. don't forget once you change if you have full speed LTE then that will be gone too as only 3G capped speed is available now. If you need full speed you need to upgrade to at least Koodo.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You will have to contact moderators

Now strictly speaking you can't get your money back nor will the plan be prorated if you switch midway

That said, there were issues with people who were certain they selected their options and they realized theydon't have themv couple of weeks or days after. So maybe there is a glitch, in that case you will probably be able to get it somehow without extra charge.

Another thing is that even if it is your fault and you just overlooked when selecting the plan, b if you ask really nicely they may be able to help.

Do you have data? If you do you can use textNow in the meantime whiler you are waiting for resolution. They give you Canadian phone number with unlimited North America calling and texting. I restrict background data and it only uses about 30 megs per 30 days

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@jheezy hi if you change  now you will forfeit your money that you paid  you should contact a moderator here with your issue https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.