cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

WallCrlr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My number can be called but goes directly to the answering machine.   I cannot call out.  When looking at the SIM card manager, the PM card has Roger's under the title.  Please explain how to correct.   I have restarted phone.

16 REPLIES 16

@WallCrlr wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@WallCrlrIt probably sound silly, you have popped out the SIM slot and verify you have a Public Mobile SIM card physically in there? Do the Rogers label persists if you swap the cards in the slots, so the PM card is in slot one, the Telus one in slot 2 etc.

Dual slot phones can be quirky, often you can not use all the bands on both SIM cards at the same time, because the phones usually don't have 2x the available antennas.

The only explanation I can give is since PM doesn't have 2G, it falls back to the next available 2G network ie Rogers.

Looks like a phone issue.  Switched the SIM cards and the numbers switched but the titles did not.  PM now in slot 1 and TELUS in slot 2.

Bought phone from Amazon, it is overseas model A5.  Why it decided Rogers as default is curious. 

Thank You everyone.

20190627_000749.jpg

@WallCrlr wrote:

20190627_000749.jpg

You said that you've had this phone since 2017 and that you've been a Public Mobile customers for 3 years.  What you did not say is if you have previously used both in that phone at the same time.

As mentioned earlier, many dual-sim card phones do not allow a 3g-type network connection in the second sim card slot.

At the very least, even if your phone does allow 3g and LTE connections in both sim cards slots at the same time, in that screenshot, your phone is only able to connect to a 2g network, a network type that only Rogers has available.  That's why it says Rogers on your screen because it's reporting the network that you're connecting to.  Make sure that your network setting is not set to 2g only.

WallCrlr

@GinYVR wrote:

@WallCrlrMost importantly does your PM phone work when you have swapped the SIM cards?

Yes, SIM slot 1 works fine.  Back to 2 phones I guess.

@WallCrlrMost importantly does your PM phone work when you have swapped the SIM cards?

WallCrlr

@GinYVR wrote:

@WallCrlrIt probably sound silly, you have popped out the SIM slot and verify you have a Public Mobile SIM card physically in there? Do the Rogers label persists if you swap the cards in the slots, so the PM card is in slot one, the Telus one in slot 2 etc.

Dual slot phones can be quirky, often you can not use all the bands on both SIM cards at the same time, because the phones usually don't have 2x the available antennas.

The only explanation I can give is since PM doesn't have 2G, it falls back to the next available 2G network ie Rogers.

Looks like a phone issue.  Switched the SIM cards and the numbers switched but the titles did not.  PM now in slot 1 and TELUS in slot 2.

Bought phone from Amazon, it is overseas model A5.  Why it decided Rogers as default is curious. 

Thank You everyone.

20190627_000749.jpg

The only explanation I can give is since PM doesn't have 2G as part of its network and your phone tells it to only get a 2G network (from your screenshot), it falls back to the next available 2G network ie Rogers. It won't work because Public doesn't have roaming agreement with Rogers.

WallCrlr

Still can't dial out.  Pop up says

Not Registered on this network

WallCrlr

20190626_234800.jpg

@WallCrlrSo you are not porting in.. can you access your PM's selfserve account? What happens when you dial *611?

WallCrlr

computergeek541

My number shows in the SIM card manager, Let me see if I can black out the numbers and show the screen capture

@WallCrlr wrote:

My number can be called but goes directly to the answering machine.   I cannot call out.  When looking at the SIM card manager, the PM card has Roger's under the title.  Please explain how to correct.   I have restarted phone.

By any chance, do you have anyone else in your household who uses Rogers?  I am wondering if someone may have been trying your phone out and then forgot to put the correct sim card back in.  I am assuming that you have looked?  I know that sounds far-fetched.

WallCrlr

Been PM customer for almost 3 years.  Had this phone since June, 2017.  New and odd occurance.  

WallCrlr

Alex888, thank you.  Do Not Distrub is not engaged.  Dual SIM phone.  First SIM is TELUS second is PM.  Identifing network has always been TELUS until this afternoon.  Took screen shot showing the odd identification.  Restarted a number of times.  May be time to remove and replace SIM cards.

@Alex888 wrote:
@GinYVRA problem with a port it wouldn't cause calls to go to voice mail.

Yes, a porting problem can absolutely cause incoming calls to go directly to voicemail.  This would happen if the number has not been ported over, resulting in all incoming calls being routed to the Rogers service.  Specifically, if that Rogers sim card is no longer in a device, calls to the the number that is being ported would not ring and the person callilng would only hear the option to leave a voice message.

I do agree that outgoing calls would not be affected by a number porting issue.

@GinYVR A problem with a port it wouldn't cause calls to go to voice mail.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@WallCrlrare you a new customer who are porting in a Roger's account? If so, how long ago did you do that? It takes a while for the porting process to complete. You might be in the midst of the process. Can you provide more information? It would be extremely helpful if you can provide screenshots of what you are seeing, since we are all users of Public Mobile here, we don't have access to any of your particulars.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@WallCrlr  Make sure your phone is not in Do Not Disturb mode. And clear your phone cache then restart it. The SIM should be showing up as either Public Mobile or Telus.

Need Help? Let's chat.