cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

4isbetter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Signed up for service for yesterday, account emailed me all is good but still no service this morning.

23 REPLIES 23

minnuts
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I did and it’s working Thank you so much 

Beatrice_AG
Customer Support Agent

I am sorry to hear that you have no service. If your phone is unlocked already, you can try to restart the phone or reset the network settings (if you are an Apple user).

As @Lieux mentioned already, you can also try the sim in another phone to see if you get service. If the sim works in another phone, there must be something faulty with the phone that you are trying to use.

In case the sim card does not work in another phone either, feel free to contact one of the Moderators in private so we can have a look into your account and help out.

Hope this helps.

Beatrice

Public Mobile Moderator Team

@minnuts wrote:

I have a new plan, I just paid for my monthly service, my sim card has been activated and I ported my no it’s successful but my phone has no service from public mobile . Help 

Did you try your Sim in another phone? Is your phone  unlocked?

minnuts

I have a new plan, I just paid for my monthly service, my sim card has been activated and I ported my no it’s successful but my phone has no service from public mobile . Help 

billing

I have a new plan, I just paid for my monthly service, my sim card has been activated but my phone has no service. Help 

@4isbetter wrote:

Thanks for your help the phone started to work Thursday morning. But it took two days to switch from Freedom Mobile to PM. Was starting to lose faith but seems to be working well, regards 4isbetter.

Glad to hear and welcome!

4isbetter

Thanks for your help the phone started to work Thursday morning. But it took two days to switch from Freedom Mobile to PM. Was starting to lose faith but seems to be working well, regards 4isbetter.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's true like @Dunkman stated that wait times can be lengthy.

However, I wouldn't be discouraged. Even with the wait times, the few instances I needed to contact the moderator team, they got back to me and resolved my issue in very quickly much sooner than the 48+ hours. Sometimes less than 24 hours. I've had good experiences with the Public Mobile Customer Service so far. I will admit though that not everyone has had the same positive interactions with them.

Unfortunately, the wait times for moderators are about 48 + hours up to 72 hours.  

As stated above, what does your account status show:  active or suspended?  Which phone number is shown in your account page?  what does your payment history show? (possible screen shot). 

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@4isbetter wrote:

freedom number doesn't work anymore

Your porting issue 

Jarvar

Usually the recommended practice is to wait until the Freedom Mobile number no longer works, then insert and use your new Public Mobile SIM.

However, since you mentioned you activated a new number instead. There could be some mixed wires at Public Mobile going on if you tried to port first, and then activate a new number.

I know it can be confusing. I really hope this can be sorted out for you soon.

4isbetter

freedom number doesn't work anymore

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@4isbetter can you post a screenshot of your payment hidtory page? And your overview page? (Remove personal info)

Any way to try your sim in a different phone?

Since you said you took a new number I would assume your freedom number still works.?

4isbetter

Already contacted a support person thanks for the link

Jarvar

@4isbetter

Just to reassure you that my ports, I did 2, were completed within a couple hours. So the extended time you are experiencing is not the norm and it is good that you are reaching out.

I suggest you contact the moderator team with a private message as suggested above to get things started.

The sooner that is done, the quicker things have a chance of getting resolved.

The reason I ask about about doing this yourself or with assistance is because there are some places where you have an actual person assist in activating or porting your account. I did both of mine at a WoW Mobile Kiosk. I believe you can also have this done at Koodo Kiosks as well and I have heard of many getting theirs from Walmart with a representative as well.

4isbetter

no one to help you its all self serve, tried to port my old number nothing happened so picked a PM number and still no service but they took my money no problem.  

Jarvar

@4isbetter I think the days is the maximum it could take.

Most are completed within a couple hours.

I believe when I activated my account with WoW mobile, the warning was that it could take up to 24 hours, but is usually finished withing 2 hours. When you lost service on your old SIM, the port was done and you could insert the new SIM from Public Mobile.

Did you port an old number or activate a new number?

The defective SIM card would be very rare, but not impossible. There was a recent thread on here where someone had a SIM card replaced and then it started working.

Have you tried the SIM card in another phone if you have one available?

4isbetter

no where did it state it could take days to port never would have signed up

4isbetter

have rebooted the phone several times as well as removing the sim card. could my sim card be no good?

Jarvar

That has got to be frustrating @4isbetter

I've had some of my own hiccups when onboarding with Public Mobile, but not no service.

You could check if your phone will work with Public Mobile using this website:

https://willmyphonework.net/

Did you try the port yourself or were you doing this in a store or kiosk etc with someone helping you? Which plan from Public Mobile are you on? Have you activated your SIM cardusing the self serve account already?

These are just standard questions that might be helpful, if you have already done these things just disregard them.

I don't know if you are familiar with how to contact a moderator, but here is a link to get a person on to moderator team to help you with your account.

You can click here also to send them a private message.

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9 am to 9 pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9 am to 7:30 pm [Toronto Time]

• Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on how many messages in the queue, but can be up to 48 hours.

• There is no need to send multiple messages. In fact, each message you send will put you all the way to the back of the line.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

drmartin

@4isbetter wrote:

I tried to port my old number from Freedom didn't work so I picked a new number from Public mobile.Still no service

The porting process can take some days, have you tried rebooting your phone?

4isbetter

I tried to port my old number from Freedom didn't work so I picked a new number from Public mobile.Still no service

Jarvar

Welcome to Public Mobile @4isbetter.

It can be frustrating when things don't just work like they're supposed to.

Did you port your number from a different carrier or is this a new account?

Need Help? Let's chat.