cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile data after porting

Kitos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I ported successfully two numbers from Koodo yesterday. However it looks like I have a data block. I used to be with the same phone number with Public Mobile and I did have a block on my data. A thoird line that I activated has no issue. Can send pictures and can get to the internet.

I am trying to find a setting for data block but there is none.

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kitos wrote:

Yes, I noticed. I updated today the thread replying to an email from PM. However from the 1st day we had found a solution. I guess the topic should be closed. Thank you

I agree. See that button "Accept As Solution"? Click the mimmo post second reply in the list. For how this site works, that's how the originator of a thread "closes" the thread. Replies can still be made but for the most part no one bothers.

Kitos

Yes, I noticed. I updated today the thread replying to an email from PM. However from the 1st day we had found a solution. I guess the topic should be closed. Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kitos wrote:

Well finally my wife provided the solution. All that was needed was to update the APN settings to match those for PM.

She happened to come across a solution posted in this website.

Thank you all for reaching out to me.

Have a nice day

That solution was mentioned a few times in this thread of yours.

Kitos

Well finally my wife provided the solution. All that was needed was to update the APN settings to match those for PM.

She happened to come across a solution posted in this website.

Thank you all for reaching out to me.

Have a nice day

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kitos wrote:

Hello,

I ported successfully two numbers from Koodo yesterday. However it looks like I have a data block. I used to be with the same phone number with Public Mobile and I did have a block on my data. A thoird line that I activated has no issue. Can send pictures and can get to the internet.

I am trying to find a setting for data block but there is none.

@Kitos  Are the ports 100% complete. Can you receive calls on those phone from other none Teus, Koodo and PM callers?

If yes, then the data block should have been removed. If not you need to message the moderators and ask them to remove it for both accounts.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kitos 

I know Koodo charges $2 for data block.  There is no need for data block for prepaid service at PM. 

Try network reset on your phone if you are using LG phone.

eDixit

Please see this link to make sure you have the network set up correctly on your new phone:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Choose your device and make sure the mobile network and APN settings are configured correctly (they are CaSe SeNsItIvE).

From the official Activation guide (below), please see the section on 'What you should do after activating'

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

frankster

Have you confirmed that the block is not at the phone level? For example, your phones may not realize that you have changed companies, especially if you did so mid-billing cycle.

Can you look online and see whether you have data attributed to you, and whether any of that data is available?

Have you looked at your APN settings and confirmed you are accessing the right network after the switch? Some phones are better than other to update the APN from the SIM cards. Removing and replacing the SIM and then rebooting seems to help me when the settings arent properly configured on the first go.

Public Mobile is prepaid, so a data block should not be necessary, unless you're afraid of "pay-per-use". You mentioned you had a data block earlier and are now using the same phone #. Are you also using the same portal account? 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Did you check your apn setting on the phone? Also what phone are you usi g? Some have special procedures. 

Kitos

I am abssolutely positive as both phones have the mobile data enabled. A third phone that I have has no issues to connect to the mobile data. I ported the lines yesterday.

A while ago I was with Public Mobile and had data block as I had only a voic plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kitos, I am not aware of any such data block feature.  Can you check your self serve account to ensure the correct plan is in the account and that data is not used up.  Also check the phone number associated with the account.  Confirm also at the Koodo end that the old line has been deactivated by a successful port.

Need Help? Let's chat.