cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet, but able to dial in and out - 3 days after activitaion

pincha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just moved from Fido prepaid plan to Public Mobile 3 days ago. I am able to make phone calls but internet is not working. I'm on iphone SE and signed up for the 3G data plan.

Tried to trouble shoot and made sure that my cellular data is sp.mb.com, tried to activtae Lost and Stolen and still nothing!

What else I should do??

17 REPLIES 17

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@pincha wrote:

Wow..You guys are beyond amazing! Thank you again for all your help and input. I'm glad I switched to Public Mobile.

Don't let anybody tell you there's no support around here.

Ok. Delays for account specific issues but...

Yea, I'd say for many issues, this Community gets the problem sorted in less time than you'd even spend waiting on hold for a traditional customer service agent to connect to the line! There's a lot of knowledgeable people in here always willing to help out! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pincha wrote:

Wow..You guys are beyond amazing! Thank you again for all your help and input. I'm glad I switched to Public Mobile.

Don't let anybody tell you there's no support around here.

Ok. Delays for account specific issues but...

pincha

Jadebug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@pincha

Here's a step by step guide, with pictures, on how to change your mms settings.

https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/public/en/apple/ios/ios-11/guides/27/Set-up-MMS-Apple-iOS

Edit: oops. Too late. Glad you got it working though 🙂 

@pincha wrote:

I reset the network and it working now! Thank youf or your help!!

Finally! Good news!

pincha

I reset the network and it working now! Thank youf or your help!!

@pincha  The APN setting from your screenshot above should be changed to isp.mb.com from sp.com. Try it maybe it makes a difference.

@pincha 

If the above instructions don't work for APN settings, you might want to try a network reset and then reboot.  Might want to even try factory reset (make sure to back up information)

@pincha wrote:

I just tried. The internet works on my other iphone X. Looks like the problem is the phone..

Did you put again your sim card in your iphone SE? Sometimes it helped to have data first with the SIM in another phone...???

Did you try reset your network?

pincha

I just tried. The internet works on my other iphone X. Looks like the problem is the phone..

@pincha wrote:

I don't see MMSC section so I can enter the rest of the info.

Here's my screenshot under  cellular data section.

The phone is unlocked as I bought it froman Apple store.

61181864_667972963625268_5254054594371125248_n.jpg

@pincha  That is not going to work because those settings are for a personal hotspot. Can you add a new APN entry on that phone? Or maybe reset the network settings on your phone.

Edit: Follow the link that @Anonymous  provided above and make sure you have the correct APN settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pincha wrote:

This is the definitive reference for all things Apple and data. Have a read.

pincha

61181864_667972963625268_5254054594371125248_n.jpg

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pincha wrote:

Hi,

I just moved from Fido prepaid plan to Public Mobile 3 days ago. I am able to make phone calls but internet is not working. I'm on iphone SE and signed up for the 3G data plan.

Tried to trouble shoot and made sure that my cellular data is sp.mb.com, tried to activtae Lost and Stolen and still nothing!

What else I should do??

@pinchaClick here to make sure your APN settings are correct.

Jadebug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@pincha

Double-check hour apn settings, in case of typos: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

Also, check your plan to make sure you selected the right plan/ still have alloted usage available. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@pincha if nothing helped you can reach the moderator to see if it's something on their hands...here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 give them details of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

And perhaps someone will have something else to try for you..

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@pincha wrote:

Hi,

What else I should do??

Can you put your sim card in a different phone and test for data? 

Need Help? Let's chat.