cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data service

April1974
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am new to this provider and tried to use my data yesterday. For some reason I have no connection. I am able to call and text, I just don't have data service. I confirmed that my data is 500MB monthly. I am hoping I could get some help here with this issue, until I get a response from a moderater. Thanks for your time!

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@April1974 wrote:

Thank you so much!!! Your post was so helpful and I was able to fix the problem. 

@April1974 very glad to hear!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

April1974

@popping wrote:

@April1974 wrote:

I am new to this provider and tried to use my data yesterday. For some reason I have no connection. I am able to call and text, I just don't have data service. I confirmed that my data is 500MB monthly. I am hoping I could get some help here with this issue, until I get a response from a moderater. Thanks for your time!

0.  Enable data.

1.  If you have a LG phone, after every provider change, do a network reset before your data works again. 

2.  Restart your phone with your SIM installed.  This will confiugure your APN on reboot.

3.  If restart does not configure your APN correctly, check your APN setting using the following link as a guide.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Thank you so much!!! Your post was so helpful and I was able to fix the problem. 

@April1974 unfortunately Public Mobile doesn't offer tech service to people's devices. However we as regular users of PM and contributors on this forum might be able to guide you to find the right solution for you to try.

April1974

Ok thanks I will check out the reply on how to fix this problem

April1974

Yes, its an Asus phone. So if I contact the person you tagged can they help me solve the problem?

srlawren

@April1974 wrote:

I have an Android. Under APN settings it has two options to click on Koodo and Telus SP. I have it on Telus, still no luck

@April1974 this is your problem: neither of those APNs is the correct one.  Please see @hairbag1 's reply for how to set up the Public Mobile APN.  Many phones do this automatically, but some require manual configuration.  (Is it an Asus phone, by chance?)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping

@April1974 wrote:

0.  Enable data.

1.  If you have a LG phone, after every provider change, do a network reset before your data works again. 

2.  Restart your phone with your SIM installed.  This will confiugure your APN on reboot.

3.  If restart does not configure your APN correctly, check your APN setting using the following link as a guide.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Set up data on an Android phone Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:1) Tap:
  • Settings
  • More
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN Settings
2) Input this info:
  •   Name: Public Mobile
  •   APN:

•   MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
  •   MMSC:

•   MMS port: 80
  •   MCC: 302
  •   MNC: 220

3) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, and you’re good to go!

April1974

I have an Android. Under APN settings it has two options to click on Koodo and Telus SP. I have it on Telus, still no luck

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@April1974What kind of phone do you have? If you have an Android phone check your APN settings. If it is an iPhone make sure you have the latest OS and try resetting the Network Settings. Can you check if you get data if you swap your SIM card with another phone that is known to be working with Public / Telus??

Need Help? Let's chat.