cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No calls in or out since Friday!!!!!

Glennlecapelain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my plan on Aug 23 to a cheaper plan. I have paid and even have a credit on my account. I can’t get calls in or out or any texts from Android based phones on my IPhone. I am disgusted with this issue and lack of help even from the dealer I signed up with a few months ago. I want my phone to work and my plan to start from that moment not since Aug 23!!!!

2 REPLIES 2

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@GlennlecapelainCan you elaborate on your problem, are you able to receive messages from other iPhone users (so have data); but no text (SMS) from Android phones AND no voice (ie calls?)

It sounds like there is something wrong with your plan. I guess you had downgraded your plan on renewal date? Then try the Lost / Found trick and also try adding $1 to your account, both actions jump starts or resets your plan.. Hopefully either trick would work without moderators' intervention.

Public Mobile is the lowest tier of the Telus corporation, as such incentives etc are minimal so most dealers rather sell you other companys' plans, dealers don't offer tech support.. Also since it is a budget oriented plan, don't expect hand holding from Public Mobile itself either.. They expect you to bring compatible and working phones to the network per the Terms of Service which you agreed to when you sign up. It is what it is, just want to let you know if you need / expected more.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Glennlecapelain wrote:

I changed my plan on Aug 23 to a cheaper plan. I have paid and even have a credit on my account. I can’t get calls in or out or any texts from Android based phones on my IPhone. I am disgusted with this issue and lack of help even from the dealer I signed up with a few months ago. I want my phone to work and my plan to start from that moment not since Aug 23!!!!

Sometimes there are issues when changing to a cheaper plan but try a few workarounds that may get your phone working.

First try to reboot your phone and see if that will reset your account. 

If that doesn't work, try topping up your account with one dollar and restart your phone.

If that doesn't get your phone working, try the lost/stolen trick.  Log into your account, select plans/add-ons tab, select phone lost, suspend service, log out and wait several minutes.  Log back in and redo the procedure but this time report phone found and resume service.  Restart your phone.  This may reset your SIM and account.

If nothing works send a private message to Moderator_Team through this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To hear back from the mods could take anywhere from 2-48 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.