cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sim no account, money still gets out of my credit card!

rehamibrahim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Guys I have a problem, I do not know the email that was used (it was a sim I purchased for my mother) and both her emails do not receive public mobile services. Now she traveled to another country with the sim card. No access to the sim card. And money still gets out of my credit card. What should I do?!

11 REPLIES 11

@rehamibrahim 

You have a few options to cancel the autopay/stop payment and suspend the service. As already mentioned by @Anonymous  you can cancel your credit card and the autopay will fail. Suspending the service. If the credit card is issued by your bank you can have the new card sent to your bank for pick up within 3 business days rather than the 7 to 10 days in the regular mail.

Since you know the 30 day renewal dates by the charges on your credit card you can put a 24 hour hold on your card starting at 6pm the evening of renewal til 6pm the next day. This will ensure again  that the autopay will fail and suspend the service.

If you contact the moderators by private message you may have enough account information to verify the account. You have some of the most important which is the full name on the account, complete address and phone number. You are missing the email address and pin #. You could always supply your 3 best guesses on the email address look for any public mobile emails in this past year. One or two a month are about the maximum sent out. You could also look for a welcome email as well. If you cannot come up with the email and/or the pin # you will need almost all the other account info you can supply from the following list:

1. Date of birth of your mother (assuming she didn't fudge it a little!)
  2. Alternate number if any. ( could she have supplied yours?)
  3. Last payment, date, amount, type, last 4 digits of card.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Date activated, plan amount, autopay y/n? (Yes!)
  6. Recent changes....(or lack there of) supply date last used.
  7. Contact your mother for the sim cards last 4 digits to supply pm.
  8. Was the phone number ported in? Supply provider and acct # if possible.

If you can satisfy the moderator with most of the above to verify the account you can probably convince them to remove the autopay credit card. Look for an email account that recieved the following emails from pm/ telus to indicate it was the email used for the account.

emails.JPG

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @rehamibrahim 

You'll need to contact Moderators and prove that you are the account owner.

If you're having trouble creating a ticket, you can send them a private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You already have some account info as proof like credit card number, phone number, name on the account, usage history, payment history, anything else?

Is it enough? If you can't prove that you are the owner, then as mentioned you will likely want to cancel your credit card and get your bank to issue you another card with a new number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like I said.... 🙂

@rehamibrahim wrote:

There was no pin, we did not set a pin. Literally she used it for a month. And mailing might be a little bit tricky. She is in Egypt. 

There's always a PIN on every account. If the activation was done online, the customer chooses the PIN. If a customer activates at a store, the PIN is sent by text message to the customer.  Either way, the reason for needing the PIN has to do with not knowing the self serve login credentials. Be prepared to prove that this is your account as not knowing the e-mail address and account PIN will be warning signs to the moderator and you'll need to absolutely prove ownership of the account.

I guess a good piece of info would be knowing if she is coming back within say the next 90 days and likely will want to keep it working then or unlikely?

If the credit card company can block or reissue you a credit card with a new number that might be easiest in this case! Blocking one payment to Public Mobile will cause the account to suspend and wont reactivate on its own without intervention.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rehamibrahim wrote:

There was no pin, we did not set a pin. Literally she used it for a month. And mailing might be a little bit tricky. She is in Egypt. 

Did she port a number from elsewhere? Or just pick up a new number here? How married is she to the number?

I was reaching for the easy button...change your credit card.

@rehamibrahim wrote:

I already did that, and it did not give me any of the options to address my issues. I have done the ticket already. It only gives me the option to re-new my password (via messaging me on the sim card) or to send me an email. And I can't do both? I am close to thinking of calling my credit card company to block it? :S

Did you try the steps that I mentioned earlier? The things that you're describing indicates to me that at ticket was never opened. a ticket send a message to moderators. A Public Mobile customer service representative will then contact you.

rehamibrahim

rehamibrahim

I already did that, and it did not give me any of the options to address my issues. I have done the ticket already. It only gives me the option to re-new my password (via messaging me on the sim card) or to send me an email. And I can't do both? I am close to thinking of calling my credit card company to block it? :S

Anonymous
Not applicable
@rehamibrahim wrote:

Guys I have a problem, I do not know the email that was used (it was a sim I purchased for my mother) and both her emails do not receive public mobile services. Now she traveled to another country with the sim card. No access to the sim card. And money still gets out of my credit card. What should I do?!

Change your credit card.

You can't log in. You can't dial 611. You might not be able to prove all the account verification.

Changing the credit card would then fail autopay which would suspend the account. From that point on your mother would have 90 days to reactivate if she wants her number and account features.

Maybe she could mail the SIM back in the meantime. Then you can dial 611 if your mother remembers her PIN.

@rehamibrahim wrote:

You'll need to open a ticket by going to:  https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

Type something such as "forgot security question answer".

Need Help? Let's chat.