cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

harman1189
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wondering if the moderators are picky about who they serve? @Syed_S @CS_Agent 

Because I've noticed some people,  who actually sent a request at about the same time or little later than me, and had their issues resolved. I on the other hand am still waiting and it's close to 72 hours now. 

No Service on the phone and similarly No Service here by the mods, regardless of how many tags/mentions or messages I've sent.  

Can you guys share your experience, how long did it take? I think they should update few things on the website now, like - "up to 48 hours" "mods would show up - just like that". 

22 REPLIES 22

harman1189

Good for you, I'm here for the first time and I hope they have nothing against the newcomers, I first sent message on Monday night and it's Friday now, so I don't know how this works. 

As for the phone, it supports all the major carriers, I'm unsung iPhone 8 and it's unlocked. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

No service? I was reading through the threads, and I see alot of wait for the moderators, complaining of lack of service, some helpful thoughts....curious, the first response when I read your message was "No Service,"....meaning your cell phone shows no service?

How are you placed in the coverage map

Or is it a problem with the number being stuck in limbo? Have you tried any of these:

1. turn airplane mode on/off
  2. reboot your phone
  3. pull the sim card out and re-insert
  4. reset network settings (not factory reset)

Personally, whenever I need a moderator, then have been quite responsive. Within 24 hours or less. I have been fairly lucky in that area I guess. I have nothing bad to complain about how good of a job a moderator does. Yes, sometimes, you may get a moderator, then a changing of the guard, and you get a different moderator, then you need to explain again, but in honesty, they are doing as best as they can. 

Be interesting to know what your phone is still compatible? Run its IMEI number through the network compatibility tool and verify the bands it can connect to. Curious to know what it says if it says something like this: Your device should work on our Network. Your device has not been reported as lost or stolen.

If it says something totally different, can you try calling the manufacturer? For example, if the phone is a Samsung, or LG, iPhone, etc

Zz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That won't help. They don't respond to high masses of attempt to reach out. They aren't purposely avoiding you. Just be patient. You'll be served soon as long as you keep your cool.

harman1189

Well, I'm waiting for few more hours and then I'd start filing complaints wherever I can. I just need to get my number freed from them, so I can move it with a different provider. 

Zz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

its not a perfect system. may take up to 72 hours could mean up to 72 days bro. just be patient.

harman1189

True. 

Haven't used fongo that much, but there's another app TextNow with unlimited messages included (Canada and US). 

@harman1189 wrote:

Good thing is, I have fongo, I'm able to make calls but I'm missing calls from people trying to reach me on my main number. 

My initial thought was to transfer my number over to fongo and just get a MiFi plan from fido ($15 / 2GB LTE) And you'll always have a working phone and Internet (it couldn't get cheaper), but then somehow I decided to try this and now I'm stuck. 

Plus fongo has unlimited SMS for about $3/month. Weird thing I find with fongo is that call quality improves with distance; from the UK is better than next door! That and often it is not full duplex. 

At least you're only stuck for a month once you get the port-in finalized.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

harman1189

Good thing is, I have fongo, I'm able to make calls but I'm missing calls from people trying to reach me on my main number. 

My initial thought was to transfer my number over to fongo and just get a MiFi plan from fido ($15 / 2GB LTE) And you'll always have a working phone and Internet (it couldn't get cheaper), but then somehow I decided to try this and now I'm stuck. 

@harman1189 If you enjoyed, even a little, that last post, how about this. To enhance our ability to stimulate activity at PM headquarters we should be wearing the proper headgear:

copper colander.jpeg

@harman1189 My understanding of the process is that the number messages has no impact on response time; multiple messages just add to the clogged In box.

If your Koodo SIM has stopped working, there is only waiting. Robot Frustrated 

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

BTW: I sometimes get so tired of repeating this message I shorten my time logged into the Community.

If you want some additional thinking on coping strategies feel free to peruse some of my additional thoughts: BE PREPARED 100% SERVICE

Or perhaps additional quirks appeals more? Bugs and Quirks at Public Mobile

iur.jpeg

harman1189

Well, I get mixed reaction from the people. Some say it doesn't matter, others say it pushes you down the line. I think the MODS should mention it clearly somewhere how it works!

If someone desperate for help keeps sending messages to get their attention - what's their solution to that - punish the person more and push them down the line and wait until they give up and then start counting their 48 hours?

Somehow I want to relate it to - Justice delayed is justice denied, you get to know how much they care. Doesn't matter how big the community you've built, and I appriciate all the people helping here, but if people can't help you and are limited to basic questions only, how is that logical to company? In the end all the powers reside with few people (MODS), and the whole community is just pointing people to MODS, this isn't the right system. I've seen similar systems but with better implementation where community had some powers (where select people could also interact with upper level - MODS in this case), but PM's system is just poor.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@harman1189 wrote:

The reason I started this thread because I saw someone's time line and the person got his issue resolved in less than 48 hours, while I'm still waiting. It's 8 P.M. which means they'll be gone in an hour so another day is gone. 

Did you send more than one message to the mods? If yes, you might have ended up in the back of the line at the time you did this. Just my guess and I might be wrong, but that is my only explanation.

harman1189

Yeah, I feel stuck. Can't even go to someone else as I might lose my number since it's not active yet (as mentioned by someone yesterday). 

The reason I started this thread because I saw someone's time line and the person got his issue resolved in less than 48 hours, while I'm still waiting. It's 8 P.M. which means they'll be gone in an hour so another day is gone. 

Maybe they just want me to know the difference and change my mind 😂 Koodo is a sister company, so who knows. 

@harman1189 wrote:

Ah okay. If there was any fault the other phone would have worked. 

I've also mentioned to the mods, there was an error at the end of process - "something went wrong" but koodo still sent an email stating my services have been cancelled. 

How I know it's not locked because I went from Freedom > Koodo > PM. The other 2 worked fine. 

If you believe there is nothing wrong with your phone, which I would probably agree with, then there is nothing the community can do. All account issues have to be handled by the MODs, sorry. This sounds like a stuck port which doesn't take long to fix, once the MODs get to it!

Good luck and sorry again, patience is more than a virtue where PM is concerned!

harman1189

Ah okay. If there was any fault the other phone would have worked. 

I've also mentioned to the mods, there was an error at the end of process - "something went wrong" but koodo still sent an email stating my services have been cancelled. 

How I know it's not locked because I went from Freedom > Koodo > PM. The other 2 worked fine. 

@harman1189 wrote:

Well, I kinda had different subjects although the pain in same. 

And I don't get what you meant by good sim? About the phone, I've tried it on 2 different phones and it didn't work on any of them, my phone is not locked anyway. 

That is what I meant, to try your sim in a phone that you know is working. By a good sim I mean a sim out of a phone that is working properly.

We have seen here where carriers have said that phones were unlocked but after many suggestions it came back to being still locked. The processed failed. Also there could be other issues or settings with the phone other than being locked.

What we are trying to do is isolate the phone or the network as the culprit!

harman1189

Well, I kinda had different subjects although the pain in same. 

And I don't get what you meant by good sim? About the phone, I've tried it on 2 different phones and it didn't work on any of them, my phone is not locked anyway. 

@harman1189 wrote:

I actually did that, twice. Still no luck. 

Did you try a good sim in your phone, and your sim in a phone that you know is unlocked and working well?

Sorry if you already were asked this but since you started a new thread each time it is a little difficult to see what you have done or not done.

harman1189

I actually did that, twice. Still no luck. 

@harman1189 wrote:

Well, I sent the message on Monday night and haven't got any reply yet. 

It'd be interesting to know how long they are taking to serve people coming from Telus or Koodo. 

I just went through all your postback to Tuesday.

I did not see where you tried the Lost/stolen feature of your self serve account. Have you tried this?

harman1189

Well, I sent the message on Monday night and haven't got any reply yet. 

It'd be interesting to know how long they are taking to serve people coming from Telus or Koodo. 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For me..I messaged on a Wednesday morning..got a reply and things were resolved on the friday...so a little over48 hrs..as for favoritism to replies I personally dont think that happens..hope you get fixed up soon...

Need Help? Let's chat.