cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service ...Service ...No Service ...Service

blahblah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it just me or does anyone experience the constant no service? 

From my work desk some days I'm fine, full bars no problem. Then days like today and a few days last week no service for hours! Sometimes the service comes back but most often it does not. This also happens at home. During my commute etc. I find it happens about 60-80% downtown Toronto. I feel majority of the time I have no service vs actually having service. I thought maybe it was my phone? So I switched the sim with another phone and well I experience the dropping of service. 

I'm just curious if this is normal for Public Mobile? Also I would like to mention its really only become annoying the past month. For the previous months It would only happen maybe once a week at most but now its every day or every other day almost. I did just go 4 days without the issue but its back again and really annoying. 

13 REPLIES 13

@Luddite wrote:

@will13am @srlawren Funny you should mention that. I was recently taking stock of my emergency supplies and realized I could spare a SIM. Of course the bunker has a spare phone as well as alternative carriers. Can't be too safe; although it has proven something of a financial albatross. Robot Sad

bunker.jpg

Nice!  In case of a real emergency, you will answer the door if I knock?  There are situations worthy of a drive across the city.

@will13am @srlawren Funny you should mention that. I was recently taking stock of my emergency supplies and realized I could spare a SIM. Of course the bunker has a spare phone as well as alternative carriers. Can't be too safe; although it has proven something of a financial albatross. Robot Sad

bunker.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am you should see his emergency bomb shelter bunker!

(Note: purely a joke; I have no idea whether @Luddite is a survivalist, former boyscout, hoarder, or none of the above Robot wink)

Lol, and he has space in his precious bunker to stash away some SIM cards. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am you should see his emergency bomb shelter bunker!

(Note: purely a joke; I have no idea whether @Luddite is a survivalist, former boyscout, hoarder, or none of the above Robot wink)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Luddite wrote:

@blahblah If you wish to try replacing your SIM and are willing to come to Mississauga send me a private message. I have a spare you may have. 

With the price of gas being what it is, it's probably cheaper to order one and have it dropped in the mail box.  Nice gesture anyway.  BTW, did you hoard these things when they were free issue?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@blahblah If you wish to try replacing your SIM and are willing to come to Mississauga send me a private message. I have a spare you may have. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

My workplace is bad for receiving cellular signals about 3 days per week.  It happens on all three big carriers, and freedom.   This is because of the building materials, distance to rower(s) and how people are holding their phones.

We've installed signal boosters that help, but some days are just that bad.

clavije
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

clean sim with a soft eraser that will fix your problem

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@blahblah sounds to me like either a defective SIM card, or it's also possible your SIM card isn't quite making enough contact with the pins and is intermittently disconnecting.  I'd contact a moderator and ask them to send you a new SIM card first to rule that out.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

only time I had a dip in service was 5 seconds on toronto island that I could remember. never off completely. 

Do a full power cycle on your phone recently? I usally do this every couple days. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@blahblah, your user experience is rather unusual and is not whay I have experienced anywhere in the GTA including downtown.  I suspect maybe it's a phone problem.  If it is network related, there would be a lot of howls not just from Public Mobile customers, but also Koodo, Telus, Bell...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@blahblah, I have never had any service issues in my 5 months with PM.  Could you possibly have a bad SIM card?  Do you have another phone you check the sim card in and see if you are getting the same results?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

I can personally add that i am downtown almost the entire day, and take the traion as well, and with the exception of some points on the train ride where its not aboeve ground i dont have any issues with receptioon.

Could it possibly be a hardware issue?  Also have you checked your VPN settings to ensure they are accurate?

Need Help? Let's chat.