cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim, Same number

Monkeyrawr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys. I have been a client with Public for over two years. I recently lost my sim card in another country due to unfortunate events and i am looking to get a new sim card but with the SAME number. Is this a possibility??

TIA

7 REPLIES 7

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Rickster333 Even if you could login, that 'change sim card' is disabled at the moment. You'll need to contact Moderators (by clicking on that bubble in the corner) and ask them to do it for you. They will ask you multiple questions  to confirm your identity. So just click on bubble and type sim card swap. You'll get info what to do next. 

Rickster333
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What if I can't log in

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Monkeyrawr wrote:

Hi guys. I have been a client with Public for over two years. I recently lost my sim card in another country due to unfortunate events and i am looking to get a new sim card but with the SAME number. Is this a possibility??

TIA

Yes if you continued to pay your plan fee while your are out of Canada, you can get a new SIM card and change your SIM card using the "Change Sim Card" link on your overview page after login.

If you cannot login to your account, your account may be canceled if you did not renew your plan.  90 days after your plan suspended, your account will be canceled and your phone number will be released to the provider who gave you your phone number.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Monkeyrawr wrote:

TIA

Change in self service.

changesim.jpg

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Monkeyrawr wrote:

TIA

Pick up a new Public Mobile SIM card, then log into your SELF SERVE and go to the "Change SIM Card" number..you keep the same phone number. esjliv_0-1596590590569.png

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Monkeyrawr 

You can't get the exact SIM card number.  But, you can continue to use your old phone number as long as your PM account has not been suspended over 90 days.  Just need to buy another new SIM card and change it in your self service account.  You should be able to continue to use your old number.

@Monkeyrawr wrote:

Yes, as long are Public Mobile account is still active, you can replace a lost SIM card without chaning your phone number. Simply log into you selfserve.publicmobile.ca to perform this task.

Need Help? Let's chat.