cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New setup no calls or texts

Exdude
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got Public Mobile yesterday on $15 plan and was able to call and text but not today. I've tried rebooting my phone a couple times. Any tips?

15 REPLIES 15

Klane
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Exdude wrote:

I tried the suspend without luck and have asked the mod team... fingers crossed

Dont hold your breath, it may take days !

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Contact a Mod (link).

However, to ensure everything goes smoothly; provide the mod in your private message with the following:

- your name

- account number

- phone number

It's more efficient when you provide them with all the needed information to get you back on track.

Exdude

I tried the suspend without luck and have asked the mod team... fingers crossed

ScubaSheb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Beatrice said :

"I reinitialised the network on our side so your phone number can reconnect to the cell towers.

Reboot your phone again please and reinitialise your network settings (if you have an iphone)."

@ScubaSheb wrote:

It seems I got lucky, my service is back !

Private message the moderators (Moderator Beatrice if you can find her online), they know what to do now (see attachment).

Beatrice.jpg

Glad to hear you have service back. Can you please translate the above for us unilinguists. Thanks

ScubaSheb

It seems I got lucky, my service is back !

Private message the moderators (Moderator Beatrice if you can find her online), they know what to do now (see attachment).

Beatrice.jpg

Dlwalsh

Tried that... Didn't work for me 

Maybe someone else has tried and it has worked 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Exdude wrote:

I got Public Mobile yesterday on $15 plan and was able to call and text but not today. I've tried rebooting my phone a couple times. Any tips?

Whist waiting for a moderator, give the Lost / Stolen remedy a try....seems to be a cure for some variation of problems. Log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / Lost-Stolen...click Lost / Stolen and Suspend, then log out for 5 minutes. Log back in and Resume service. Cycle phone off / on. Let us know if this works in your case. Good luck and welcome to PublicMobile.

fengjr586

I transferred over from Rogers pay as you go because it is also a waste of money. But if I knew there are so many problems I probably would stay there. At least I can CALL in case of emergency. 

Dlwalsh

This is f........ Retarded 

I'm ready to pull the sim and light it on fire really lol 

It's almost worth having to pay the but extra for a different companies plan 

fengjr586

Same problem. I got the plan yesterday. 

Dlwalsh

I have reported it twice and still no father ahead then I was this morning 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There have been a lot of posts about this service issue. You should contact a moderator to report it.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dlwalsh

Same BS here too 

Alireja

I am on exact same boat. 

Need Help? Let's chat.