cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New registration / data issues

TopHatnTails
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

New to Public Mobile and recently arrived in Canada, yesterday registered both my Wife & I's new sim cards. Her's works perfectly and very impressed, mine not so much.

Making a comparison to try and find the issue. Same plan on both phones.

Mine (not working)      ----         Her's (working)

iPhone7 - unlocked.   ----          iPhone 6 - unlocked

Only shows 3G           ----         Shows LTE

Intermitent signal       -----         5 bars

No data working         ----          data working

Calling workin             ----          calling working

Carrier PM 36.0         ----           Carrier Public Mobile 35.0

Cellular data settings are same

On initiallly putting the SIM in, I did not recieve any text messages. Her phone got several messages. I'm guessing my account didn't get initialised properly.

I have tried power cycling the phone, with sim removed for several minutes without improvement.

Have checked all the APN settings. We both currently have isp.mb.com. Have tried sp.mb.com on mine without success. I do not seem to hve any mms settings(?) to check.

Any other suggestions for things to look at before I ask the Mods for help?

Thanks in advance all.

8 REPLIES 8

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TopHatnTails wrote:

Morning all, sorry for slow reply, this took back seat to bigger issues.

Sim swap kept the issue with the phone.

Network reset did not work (4 tries)

Backup and reset to factory did work.

Restoring the backup then caused the issue again. So reset again.

Am now going through the painful process of starting over with a blank phone but it does actually work.

Thanks to all for input.

Sorry - Saturday brain not working....

When you put your sim in a different phone that was working - the symptoms moved over to the new phone? 

If that's the case then yoy can try a working sim in your phone.... but it seems line you need a MOD to help out.

@TopHatnTailsWhat sub model is your iPhone in question? Some models eg A1660 are designed for specific carriers which might not match all the bands Public Mobile uses. Also do note there is a recall on iPhone 7 going on.

TopHatnTails

Morning all, sorry for slow reply, this took back seat to bigger issues.

Sim swap kept the issue with the phone.

Network reset did not work (4 tries)

Backup and reset to factory did work.

Restoring the backup then caused the issue again. So reset again.

Am now going through the painful process of starting over with a blank phone but it does actually work.

Thanks to all for input.

sweetlion

every phoner have different functions even it belongs to same manufactures. most of the people try to get good connectivity they used the system on auto mode means if its connectivity with 3gs it works lte it works. so try to do that one. second if possible check phone coonectivity manual. try to connect the avialibility of server like telus connect with it. data is different issue stop your wifi enabled the date data.and try it. but reboot your phone after that it start. second make sure your phone is unloced if you buy unlocked then it is 100% unlocked and compatible. but sometime 3rd party unlocking is not totally unloced the phone. then error happened like no data connectivity

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is it work checking what bands are supported by each of the phones? They could be different...

Also, swapping sims between the phones would be the best test just to rule out hardware.

Good luck!

@TopHatnTails 

Trying your PM Sim card in your wife's phone is a good idea.  To help determine whether it is a hardware setup issue or PM service issue.  

If it is a hardware setup issue (ie. your SIM card word in your wife's phone), then try network reset as described above.  Maybe even a factory reset.  

If PM Service issue, you will need to likely contact moderator.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try resetting your network settings.

Go into Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset Network Settings, enter passcode if prompted, then select Reset Network Settings.  This will clear any previous network settings (both cellular and WiFi) and then reboot the phone.  After rebooting, you'll need to re-connect to WiFi SSIDs (sorry!), but hopefully it will get the cellular connectivity working.  Some users have reported having to repeat this procedure a few times for it to be effective, so you may want to keep that in mind.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TopHatnTails wrote:

Hi,

New to Public Mobile and recently arrived in Canada, yesterday registered both my Wife & I's new sim cards. Her's works perfectly and very impressed, mine not so much.

Making a comparison to try and find the issue. Same plan on both phones.

Mine (not working)      ----         Her's (working)

iPhone7 - unlocked.   ----          iPhone 6 - unlocked

Only shows 3G           ----         Shows LTE

Intermitent signal       -----         5 bars

No data working         ----          data working

Calling workin             ----          calling working

Carrier PM 36.0         ----           Carrier Public Mobile 35.0

Cellular data settings are same

On initiallly putting the SIM in, I did not recieve any text messages. Her phone got several messages. I'm guessing my account didn't get initialised properly.

I have tried power cycling the phone, with sim removed for several minutes without improvement.

Have checked all the APN settings. We both currently have isp.mb.com. Have tried sp.mb.com on mine without success. I do not seem to hve any mms settings(?) to check.

Any other suggestions for things to look at before I ask the Mods for help?

Thanks in advance all.

Welcome to PM.

Did you try swapping the SIM cards between the phones to see what happens?

Need Help? Let's chat.