cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New public M sim card activation keeping former public mobile ph number

uriel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My former Public Mobile sim card is not working, therefore I bought a new one, now  I wonder 

How can activate the new sim card keeping my former public mobile phone number?

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

@uriel wrote:

Thanks, what if I don't remember the email linked to my self-serve ;( ?

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

uriel

Thanks, what if I don't remember the email linked to my self-serve ;( ?

uriel

The sim card is not physically damaged but it just not being recognized by any cell phone I tried on

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@uriel 

Go into your self serve account and click change SIM. Do not port your number to that card, Do not try and activate that card through the activation process. The self serve process will activate the card for you. 

Did you get the SIM wet or something they are usually pretty hardy so its kind of strange that your's stopped working? It's more likely that it is a phone issue then a SIM issue. 

Cheers

Naepalm

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Once you receive your new SIM card, you can change the SIM card number on your account and reactivate your service via Self-Serve by following these steps:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-ons > Change SIM card

Triguy_0-1594309763936.png

1. Enter your new SIM card number into the field. Your SIM card number is found on the back of your SIM card, as outlined in the image below:

Triguy_1-1594309763945.png

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@uriel login to your self serve and click the " change sim"

change pass,sim,number.jpeg

 what was wrong with your old sim? maybe you don't need to change it...

Need Help? Let's chat.