cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone & SIM card with an existing account

yulai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a new phone and a new SIM card to go with it since my old phone has a SIM card which is too big and not a tri-punch. What do I do now? Does the SIM card need to be activated first as it says on the packaging it came with, or can I simply change the SIM card number in self-serve and that will automatically make it activated?

5 REPLIES 5

yulai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks everyone for your quick responses! I will give it a try now 🙂

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This was discussed the other day with another user but I can't seem to find the post.

The advice given then was just to use the "change sim card" link in your self serve account.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

you can change the SIM card number on your account and reactivate your service via Self-Serve by following these steps:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-ons > Change SIM card

Triguy_0-1592592039903.png

1. Enter your new SIM card number into the field. Your SIM card number is found on the back of your SIM card, as outlined in the image below:

Triguy_1-1592592039916.png

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@yulai wrote:

I purchased a new phone and a new SIM card to go with it since my old phone has a SIM card which is too big and not a tri-punch. What do I do now? Does the SIM card need to be activated first as it says on the packaging it came with, or can I simply change the SIM card number in self-serve and that will automatically make it activated?

@yulai  No need to activate it. Just access your selfserve account select the  "Change SIM card" option on the landing page. Enter the new sim card number and you should be go to go.

cs.png

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@yulai hi yes just change the sim in self serve

Need Help? Let's chat.