Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer activation failed

hdjunkie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Don't know who to PM, so posting here.

I'm a brand new customer attempting to activate my SIM card. Went through the activation process, only for it to fail and stating:

"Your activation request has failed. Please contact publicmobile for support".

It also says to restart activation, through a link. Did that and now the system says "Invalid SIM".

Also tried logging using the email addr I used on first activation..Unsuccessful..

So the system ate my SIM and won't let me create an account.

I am porting a number from VOIP.ms if it makes a difference.

So who do I PM to get this rectified?

11 REPLIES 11

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Happy to hear that you were taken care of promptly.

Welcome aboard!  

hdjunkie

Thought I'd report back as there maybe of interest for other potential customers. After pinging the PM moderator, happy to report all is up and running. Enabled my account online and verified data etc.. all is well.

o Plugged in SIM and activated my account online with the provided text passcode

o Ported over from VOIP.ms - 2 days

Cheers..

hdjunkie

As I already mentioned, the issue is being worked on.

Smcanada99

I am really sorry you feel this way and are going through this but sometimes things go wrong. Rest assured that it will be solved and as far as your charges are concerned I am quite confident that you will get the service in lieu of the payment you have made or you certainly have recourse with your credit card company if the service is not receieved for the payment you have made. Having said that just be patient and believe I understand it is easier said than done but give the Moderators to rectify the issues. No doubt all should be disclosed up front but public mobile is on a certain business model and that unfortunately puts a fair bit of onus on the customer to take advantage of the pricing model. I am sure you must have done your research before selecting Public Mobile and found some value to make the switch but if you are having second thoughts now or not satisfied then you definitely have the opportunity once this issue is rectified and your account is set up to switch out after your plan expires.

In the interim I can suggest that resend your request and copy all moderators in the event your request has not reached an individual who may be attending to request today. I sincerely hope your issue gets resolved and receive the service you signed up for as truly Public Mobile is better than this but is certainly not immune to all IT glitches like any other company.

hdjunkie

I heard from a mod. So it's a wait and see.

No account/can't log in, no phone number (due to porting over). I find it strange that I'm charged but have no e-trail to track status. Just a PM.

WRT browser issues. Too late it's already failed. If a browser is related to the problem, then  advise/warn the customer ahead of time.

Smcanada99

It is definitely nerve wracking but PM moderators will assist you. One advise that I can give you is that please do not cancel the account you want to port the number from because if you cancel that account, you will no longer will be able to port your number.  That seems obvious enough but its suprising that a lot of people after initiating the port cancel the previous account, from which the number is being transferred. You must must must wait for the port to finish and then perhaps if the old account is sill not cancelled you check the status of the old account first.

Moderator hours are and list of individuals in the link below! I am pretty sure once someone is addressing your issue they will be able to rectify it. 

Please be mindful that some users have reported that some activation issues are being caused by the browser being used specifically when porting the number over. I believe the solution for issues when porting may be resolved by using the latest version of Internet explorer.

Try to attempt all the activation on a computer and not a tablet to ensure smooth process.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

imm1304

Hey @hdjunkie,

Moderators are online today from 9am to 530pm.  You can expect to have your new phone line up and running shortly.  

If you got charged less, its probably a bug in the system that forgets to charge taxes.  Enjoy while it lasts 😉

hdjunkie

Ya, I figured as much. PM sent but waiting for *someone*, to do something. I checked my

CCard and a Public Mobile charge is there.. Funny thing is, it's less than what the account registration process stated.

Obviously, something got corrupted/scrambled during the activation process.

Not the start I wanted.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@hdjunkie Just FYI: your SIM is not invalid, it's just been registered during the partial activation of your account. So, when you try to activate it a second time the system won't let you.  As mentioned, a moderator will get it sorted for you. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
When contacting the mod give all relevant info, including voip account details your pm details email address and sim number. Cool ports might take longer than regular ports.

Good luck

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Looks like you've encountered an account related error. You will need the help of a moderator to resolve this issue. The moderator team can be reached via private message. Refer to the following links for information on private messaging and how to contact a moderator.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.