cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account created, cannot log in, says email cannot be verified

MichelR666
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just created a new account (successfully, as far as I can tell) and got the confirmation email (two, in fact). When I go to self-serve to log in and initiate a port from Koodo, I cannot log in. I figured maybe I had typed my password wrong, so I tried "Forgot Password", but it tells me my email address could not be verified.

I also tried in a different browser, no luck. One thing I did notice is that, even though I signed up for the $40 plan with payment by credit card, there is no pending transaction on my credit card account (though maybe that just takes a little time, but I figure this might be useful information).

Help! 🙂

Thanks,
Michel

20 REPLIES 20

@MichelR666 

Koodo prepaid and pm share the same back end their self serves are similarily based. Koodo just has a few more bells and whistles enabled.

@MichelR666 

Also, during the renewal process each cycle you will see the following messages in your self service account. Do nothing. These are the standard messages. 

C8DF689C-620B-429F-8AEA-F4AAE1BB313D.jpeg

MichelR666

@JK8 Oooooh. That's good to know, thanks! I'll set up a reminder in my calendar.

@MichelR666 wrote:

Anyway, with any luck and with autopay set up, I'll rarely have to use self-serve.

This is a fyi,

Autopay sometimes fail. To prevent you from losing service, the recommendation from the PM forum is to make a payment a few days before your renewal date to cover the cost of the plan. The renewal will take the money out of your Available Funds and you can leave your cc on file for the autopay reward.

MichelR666

@darlicious Reminds me a bit of the Koodo prepaid service portal. It was very slow, though the worst thing was the top-up process, which was murder. Their postpaid portal had no such speed issue and wasn't awkward to use, so I always assumed it was a way of steering people toward postpaid plans. 🙂

Anyway, with any luck and with autopay set up, I'll rarely have to use self-serve.

@MichelR666 

Welcome to public mobile! Unfortunately the self serve account is indeed that slow....sigh.

Yup @MichelR666 

At times, the moderators are certainly a valued resource.

Glad it worked out for you!

MichelR666

The nightmare is over!  Number ported from Koodo within a few minutes. Thanks to moderator Alex for fixing all the problems linked to this signup glitch!

MichelR666

@Dunkman 

Sooo... For some reason the payment didn't go through when I signed up (you'd think the system would have informed me of that). Also, the self-serve account was not created. We had several back and forths just to get going because for some reason my PIN is wrong and we had to use other means of authentication. Weird.

The moderator had to add the funds manually, and while he was doing that I went to create my self-serve account, which I am now able to use (I hope that portal is not always so slow).

I've now asked the moderator to help with the porting (since it's a Koodo number). Hopefully that will go well. 

Michel

@MichelR666 

The PM website can be finicky at times.  The activation failed somewhere.  See what the moderator team says.  Keep us updated.  

MichelR666

@Dunkman I just checked again a few minutes ago and there was still no pending transaction. What I don't understand is how this could have failed since the process completed successfully AND I got the confirmation email.

I've put the SIM in and it says I have no plan on my account when I try to call my landline. I'm in contact with a moderator through PM, hopefully they can figure out what's going on. Very weird.

Thanks,

Michel

@MichelR666 

@MichelR666 wrote:

@RossN I haven't tried swapping the SIM yet since I wanted to initiate a port from Koodo (which I cannot do since I cannot log in). Yes, I did take a temporary number as instructed.

The pending charge on the credit card should be immediate.  Your activation likely failed if not charged.  Put the PM Sim card in your phone to see whether you have service.  If you have no service and credit card not charged, you can try to activate a new account again.  Maybe wait one hour. Clear cache or incognito mode or different web browser.  

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MichelR666 wrote:

@RossN I haven't tried swapping the SIM yet since I wanted to initiate a port from Koodo (which I cannot do since I cannot log in). Yes, I did take a temporary number as instructed.

@MichelR666 ok just to confirm a moderator will need to handle your port request for koodo😁

MichelR666

@MichelR666 

Recommend waiting one hour, clearing cache and cookies, open incognito page, and try again

@MichelR666 wrote:

Thanks. I don't have an issue with the port request (yet - the way this day has been going, there probably will be - LOL !!!), just trying to log in for now. 

@MichelR666 if your cc has not been charged yet it is possible something went wrong do you have service? did you take a temp number?

MichelR666

Thanks. I just sent a private message to the moderator team. Hopefully just a fluke. So far it's been hell, from getting a SIM card at the store (long story) to signing up. I should have stayed in bed. haha!

MichelR666

Thanks. I don't have an issue with the port request (yet - the way this day has been going, there probably will be - LOL !!!), just trying to log in for now. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You will need to contact a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@MichelR666 wrote:

Hi,

I just created a new account (successfully, as far as I can tell) and got the confirmation email (two, in fact). When I go to self-serve to log in and initiate a port from Koodo, I cannot log in. I figured maybe I had typed my password wrong, so I tried "Forgot Password", but it tells me my email address could not be verified.

I also tried in a different browser, no luck. One thing I did notice is that, even though I signed up for the $40 plan with payment by credit card, there is no pending transaction on my credit card account (though maybe that just takes a little time, but I figure this might be useful information).

Help! 🙂

Thanks,
Michel

@MichelR666 hi you will  need to 

contact a moderator to help you can do so by clicking the chat bubble at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue koodo port request 

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner, you can also ask about your other problem 

Need Help? Let's chat.